Pulling strip lights through silicon sheath

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I had a solder join fail in one of my strips and had to fix it. Thought I would pull the whole strip out of the sheath instead of cutting the sheath. Soldered a wire to one end of the lights so I could pull it back after repair. Of course one of the solder joints gave way during removal (not the one I had to fix). So I ended up with the lights out of the sheath without a pull through mechanism ready to go. Managed to feed a 4 core wire through the sheath with the help of the air compressor. attached the light strip to the 4 core wire but it was a very tedious job pulling it back through.

I think part of the problem was the 4 core (I think it's 4x14/0.2) is too thick and binds on the sheath. What is the trick to pulling strip through. The good news is I got it back in without damaging it. Just don't want to do it that way ever again.

darylc

404 darylc not found
I've never found a great way to do it, so I cut the sheath too now and then heatshrink/silicone the join over to make it waterproof again.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
darylc said:
I've never found a great way to do it, so I cut the sheath too now and then heatshrink/silicone the join over to make it waterproof again.

That's all I used to do too. Now I just don't use strip lol