PVC pipe sourcing

Whitey-

Apprentice elf
Hi all,

Where are you getting your PVC from?

I ordered online on Friday 6x 6m of 25mm from Bunnings (https://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-25mm-x-6m-class-12-pvc-pressure-pipe_p4770098) to be delivered for me to cut to size as I wanted, only to find out that apparently there's no stock in Tassie and won't be any time soon. They apparently have 3m SKUs, but that takes my price up for $3.80 a metre to $7.60 a metre - doubled!

We actually have quite a bit of 25mm poly pipe sitting out the back for another project that never started. Has anyone used this for window frames/chromatrim roof mounting? The sizing should work, but I'm not sure if it's rigid enough.

Whitey-

Apprentice elf
I've only ever used conduit rather than pressure pipe. It works fine for me.
Thanks, those are heaps cheaper and look better. How do you join them? My thought is I wouldn't want them in > 2.4m segments (2x Chromatrim) for ease of putting up/taking down. Or do you just attach individual segments to the roof?

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
Thanks, those are heaps cheaper and look better. How do you join them? My thought is I wouldn't want them in > 2.4m segments (2x Chromatrim) for ease of putting up/taking down. Or do you just attach individual segments to the roof?
90 degree conduit elbows for window frames.
I haven't got many that are used as outlines, but I would think people would use the expanded end into a non expanded end (hope that makes sense).

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
but I would think people would use the expanded end into a non expanded end (hope that makes sense).

There are sections on my eaves and roof line which are over the 4m conduit length, and yes, the bell ends make it handy for putting them together.
The roof lines is bullets in drilled conduit - I have a pixel through the bell and a notch cut in the other piece, this is handy because it prevents rotation, and it also keeps my spacing equal.
The eaves have strip cable tied, and I have a PI run going down the centre of the conduit to the far end. At the join, there's a connector hidden inside for the PI run so they can be packed away in pieces.