Question about custom colors

prof

Apprentice elf
Sean,

Is it possible for you to have custom colors retained in the color picker. At the moment any custom colors that you create are lost when you shut down xLights. I am aware that you can save and re use color palettes and that you can open the xml file and read the rgb values in the palette (but only for the 6 colors used at that time).

Craig.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
prof said:
Sean,

Is it possible for you to have custom colors retained in the color picker. At the moment any custom colors that you create are lost when you shut down xLights. I am aware that you can save and re use color palettes and that you can open the xml file and read the rgb values in the palette (but only for the 6 colors used at that time).

Craig.

currently to save custom colors, you need to put them in a color palette. i could put thsi retention as an enhancement request. You can have many color palettes you can load from, but only 6 at a time.

prof

Apprentice elf
Sean,

Yes please, could you make this an enhancement request.
I have used palettes, but as you say - you are locked to the 6 colors in that palette, and you are stuck if the colors you want are in different palettes.

Craig.