1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

question on pixlite 16

Discussion in 'Advatek Lights' started by bassnbuck, Apr 8, 2014.

1. bassnbuck

bassnbuck New Elf

I just got my rgb from ray they are the 2812b. I am new to using this type of controller but tried to follow the step in the manual. I got things to work pretty easily until I tried to hook 2- 5 meter 30 led/m strips together. one worked fine the minute i hooked the second one in, a green light turned on, on the first rgb of the 2nd strip and the next 20 wouldnt work but then the rest of the strip did. I tried injecting power and it didnt change anything. I was using it in LSP in the test controller. any suggestion would be helpful. I had them setup with universe 1 started channel 1 to 450 universe 2 451 to 900 but could get them to work well. Any thoughts.

2. ShellNZ

ShellNZ Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Try leaving the pixlite at default settings and start the universe at 1 with 300px (2 rolls).

3. AussieDoug

AussieDoug Full Time Elf

By the looks of the manual you treat each output (2 universes) as 1, but you assign all 340 pixels / 1024 channels to it. If this doesn't fix your issue with a green led it could be a faulty one.

4. OP
    OP
    bassnbuck

bassnbuck New Elf

thank you for the help aussiedoug that what i was doing wrong I was just putting the 300 pixels instead of the 340,so once I changed that it work fine. I was also surprised I didnt need power injection over the 2-5 volt 5 meter rolls. tested power at the end of 2-rolls still showed over 4 volts. very happy thanks again.

5. Jago

Jago New Elf

Set all white and test voltage.

6. OP
    OP
    bassnbuck

bassnbuck New Elf

i tested them use the test controller on LSP which means all 3 colors were on and that was what I got for results. plus it looked white to me. are you saying the volts should read above 4? I am new to this so I will check again.