question on pixlite 16

bassnbuck

New elf
I just got my rgb from ray they are the 2812b. I am new to using this type of controller but tried to follow the step in the manual. I got things to work pretty easily until I tried to hook 2- 5 meter 30 led/m strips together. one worked fine the minute i hooked the second one in, a green light turned on, on the first rgb of the 2nd strip and the next 20 wouldnt work but then the rest of the strip did. I tried injecting power and it didnt change anything. I was using it in LSP in the test controller. any suggestion would be helpful. I had them setup with universe 1 started channel 1 to 450 universe 2 451 to 900 but could get them to work well. Any thoughts.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
By the looks of the manual you treat each output (2 universes) as 1, but you assign all 340 pixels / 1024 channels to it. If this doesn't fix your issue with a green led it could be a faulty one.

bassnbuck

New elf
thank you for the help aussiedoug that what i was doing wrong I was just putting the 300 pixels instead of the 340,so once I changed that it work fine. I was also surprised I didnt need power injection over the 2-5 volt 5 meter rolls. tested power at the end of 2-rolls still showed over 4 volts. very happy thanks again.

bassnbuck

New elf
i tested them use the test controller on LSP which means all 3 colors were on and that was what I got for results. plus it looked white to me. are you saying the volts should read above 4? I am new to this so I will check again.