Question TPR1 LED Strobe

salongaopm

New elf
I am a newbie in this hobby and very interested with these LED Strobes but do have many questions.

1. Will this work on lynx express?
2. If I built it as option 3, will the pic need to be programmed? How?
3. How many LED strobes can I hook up to one channel?
4. What type of wire can be use to connect series of strobes?
5. I understand that these are surface mount, will my soldering station will work or do I need to purchase other equiptments? Any instructions on how to do this? A video will be great.
6. Is the final cost of this strobe cheaper than the one that can be purchased for $6.50 each?

Thanks!

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
salongaopm said:
I am a newbie in this hobby and very interested with these LED Strobes but do have many questions.

1. Will this work on lynx express?
2. If I built it as option 3, will the pic need to be programmed? How?
3. How many LED strobes can I hook up to one channel?
4. What type of wire can be use to connect series of strobes?
5. I understand that these are surface mount, will my soldering station will work or do I need to purchase other equiptments? Any instructions on how to do this? A video will be great.
6. Is the final cost of this strobe cheaper than the one that can be purchased for $6.50 each?

Thanks!

Let's see if i can get this right.

1. No the Lynx Express is a AC controller, the LED strobes require DC at 5v or 12v.

2. Yes it will need to be programmed, A Pickit2 or Pickit3 programmer can be used. If you had to buy one then the Pickit3 would be better as it will work with future projects.

3. This will vary based on the LED Chosen and the DC SSR or Controller used, and on which build option is used.

4. Any wire that can handle the current of the string of strobes, this will vary based on the LED chosen.

5. Once I actually have a PCB in hand a video will be done and full instructions posted. The PCB is so sinple that I have chosen not to order any test/beta boards. No PCB's will ship till one is built and tested.

6. Cost without the LED in a bulk buy is under $1 and final price is determined by the cost of the LED used.

Cheers
Phil

salongaopm

New elf
Sorry for posting my questions in the wrong forum and thank you for moving it and for your quick reply. I guess I am out of luck since I only have LE's. :( I will just lurk around for now. Hopefully, next year I can build one that will work with these strobes.

Again, thank you for your response!

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Hi

You had it in the right place - i just took the chance to create a new board and split your question off as it was a good set of questions

We will have lot's of goodies for you over the next 12 months

Cheers
Phil