Questions about the 2811DC15/30 Board

ecbailey

Full time elf
No issues here with mixing up the V+ connections to make best use of all the channels. They are just arranged in blocks of three to make it easy to hookup RGB strip. I haven't tried on that particular controller, but I doubt it would make a difference.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
All of the V+ connections on the board are the same so you can plug them in wherever.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
AAH said:
All of the V+ connections on the board are the same so you can plug them in wherever.

Just what I was hoping to hear Alan. Thanks.

rustybiker69

New elf
A related question about the 2811DC15. I have one and plan to run 5 dumb pixels strips off it. However how do I set this up in xlights? Is it possible to control each of the 5 strips separately? or can I just turn all 5 on and off by using a light line model that has 5 pixels on it?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
A related question about the 2811DC15. I have one and plan to run 5 dumb pixels strips off it. However how do I set this up in xlights? Is it possible to control each of the 5 strips separately? or can I just turn all 5 on and off by using a light line model that has 5 pixels on it?
You can model it a number of ways. I have used a small matrix, flood and the line model for different dumb rgb props depending on what fitted easiest to what I had out in the yard.