Questions re WLED and strip lights for under eaves

xmaskids

New elf
Afternoon all questions and help please

I have brought 8 strips of WS2812B RGB LED Strip 3 wire 1x NodeMCU and some Arduino - 20cm Jumper Wire

i know it so the programming part is ok i think :) but question is can i join all in 1 loop all strips and bunning hop red/black at each join to boost power to end which is 40m with out voltage drop.

Do i need a second Nodemcu to run that length on a breadboard to run the display

Will all lights sysch the same or will their be issues

Can i join each green data cable together to form 1 single comm wire or will i need to amplifier it so it send the signal

This our 14th year of display just wanting to step out of the box for once after seeing some clips i dont know anything about DMX which is why i heard this is easier

Steve

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
No idea on the Arduino side of things but the strips do get daisy chained from 1 to the next connecting the 0V, 5V and data. It sounds like you have the 2 extra power wires for power injection and you will definitely need them as the voltage drop from strip to strip will be too high without it.
The limit on the number of strips you can control 1 after the other will be dependent on the Arduino code that you are using and also the number of pixels per strip on what you have.
Every colour on every led/pixel will be individually controllable via whatever you use to create the sequence. You can do chases, change the whole string at the same time or whatever takes your fancy.

xmaskids

New elf
Thank you Alan just ordered 4 sets of RGB to give it a start and order a second node board thanks for the info its a big help
Steve