Quick note about Advatek...

caffeine

Full time elf
Seems like a pretty quiet sub-forum, so thought I would post.

About a month or two ago I spent a huge amount of time researching RGB for an upgrade this year. Big plans were afoot.

Unfortunately work got in the way and the time for safe ordering from O/S came and went. I have to admit I was pretty annoyed.

So tonight I delved into the ACL forums once more, and noticed this vendor. I'll admit I probably wouldn't have had I not been seeking an AU supplier for timeliness, but I'm glad I did.

Not only is Luke helping me out with a 2 day turn around time, but in a rush for this year the plug and play nature of their offerings means I have a hope of getting something up and running (and much less chance of ballsing it up). More importantly I discovered them on Sunday afternoon, and have already had three emails answered. Better still one of those was a 'are you sure this is what you are after' email as one of my comments didn't up up to him. I LIKE vendors that question when something doesn't seem right rather than blindly selling.

I can't attest to the products as of yet (I do plan to in a few days time) but so far I'm a very soon-to-be customer and am happy to pay a slight premium for local support, quick delivery and simple set up (I like to invest my time in the lights and the sequences rather than the electronics. I can do it, just don't love it).

I'm a big fan of having local options, so hopefully this venture is a success.

Oh and to add some actual usefulness to this post someone in the chat was asking about the pixel types. Luke advised me they are TLS3001 for reference.

damona

Full time elf
Luke a good bloke. Sometimes sends replacement before you have even had a chance to post back the faulty goods. Willing to refund postage sometimes if you had a bad run of luck with the parts supplied. Willing to get on the phone to help you solve hardware faults (After about a week the control power supply fan stop working, and power supply switch off due to overheating (SP-320-5)).

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
Thanks for the comments guys. Damon we got your controller return today, turns out the fan itself wasn't plugged in inside the power supply itself - so easy fix!