Quick question on Pixel Flicker....

B_P_J

Full time elf
Ok so just curious and would love to know if there is a fix...
I am still setting up my lights.... should have started earlier buuuuuut anyways...
So whats happening is some, not all of my lights do some strange flickering, example if they are blue there is some white flickering going on,
How some of these are setup:
Again remember i am using Vixen.....
The roof line, 3 x 5m (150 Pixels) strips, power injected to each strip, running of a P12s, 2811 set at 3200
The Window good few metres (99 Pixels) strips, Power Injected after 66 Pixels running of a P12s 2811 set at 3200
pretty sure the door is doing it too but for now just seeing if there are any ideas on what would cause it,
now just thought i don't think its doing it with the DA_E131 test software... hmmmm to test... tomorrow...

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The sequencing software will typically have no way of causing flicker unless you happen to have 2 sources of e1.31 data transmitting at the same time. It's always best practice to only have 1 running at a time regardless of whether they have the "output to lights" enabled or not. What can generate the flicker is usually 1 of 2 things. Either the data rate is wrong but you seem to have that under control or the other is that there is a break in the gnd line of the pixel data and it is "repaired" via power injection. If the pixels start flickering from a given pixel I would be looking at a break in the gnd connection just before that point. If you disconnect the pixels and power injection downstream from that point it should actually completely disable the pixels working rather than causing flickering.

starzen

New elf
2 things i can think of.

I have been bitten by having multiple E1.31 sources running at the same time (have FPP running and use xlights for testing)

if you use xlights make sure you dont have the feature enabled to add strobes to your effects. have done that by accident too and was wondering about white flickering pixels

B_P_J

Full time elf
Thanks heaps for your replies guys, some really good things to look at, i will check Vixen cause i have a sneaking suspicion that i may have left a few Universes setup in the P2.... hmmmm interesting...
The E1.31 one has got me thinking.... pretty sure that when DA_E1.31 is used its not doing it, waiting for the sun to go down to test, so while waiting i am still adding more stuff, lol

cdbrown

New elf
starzen said:
if you use xlights make sure you dont have the feature enabled to add strobes to your effects. have done that by accident too and was wondering about white flickering pixels

Have also been burnt by the sparkle/strobe effect that gets layered by default onto all effects. Couldn't work out why some pixels would remain/turn on white when doing coloured chases.