Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Lightning - its all off

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

drakky

Senior elf
had massive winds and torrential rain this afternoon so powered everything down , now it's moderate rain so turned it back on seems to working , uploading a full show video now will post it later keep in mind it's my first year though

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
Well Tassie Got hit with heavy rain all weekend... I kept everything on..
I have always believed it's better to keep it running, The warmth helps keep the controllers from getting damp.
Now with a background in Large scale outdoor events I have made all my enclosures very water tight...

For the items on my roof i even put tape around the plugs to help the water run away before getting in..

This year I spent the time and money designing and building my enclosures so 1: watertight 2: easy to upgrade for next year...

Also a very handy tool for making cables is liquid Electrical tape... Helps seal the cable and the connections
Thats my 2 cents

cdbrown

New elf
Rained in Perth as well from late yesterday afternoon, still raining (or drizzling now). I left mine to run and it ran up until the scheduler turned it off without any problem. Any pigtails likely to get any water are sitting on mulch on the garden so plenty of drainage. I managed to water proof all the soldered connections I made so I'm confident it'll work in the rain. I'm not so confident with the older big w dumb led icicles hanging along the gutter which are showing signs of damage to the plastic holding the wires into the leds. They've become quite brittle, but they still did alright in the rain.