random freezing

ozzimadman

New elf
hey all been running the show for the 6th day now and getting random freezing the music still plays but lights frozen most times it restarts and catches up in under 10 sec had it once today needed everything power cycled to fix running falcon controller v4 and a pie 3+ connected direct and control the show start /stop via wifi i start the show then close the tab not sure if its the wifi dropping out and trying to log back on that makes it freeze any ideas?

Dreamin

Full time elf
Check your power. If the load is too high for the PSU it might under supply the Pi and cause issues. Could also be CAT5 cable issues between controllers or receivers if your using them.

I just had an issue with one receiver getting stuck. Checked it and the power wire was hot. The connector for the power was loose on the board and waggling around and the power was fluctuating and cutting out. Replaced it and back up and running so power can cause that stuck effect. Have a feel of your cables and make sure they aren't overloaded, and calculate what the max load should be. Only run your PSU at 80%

Devo549

New elf
hey all been running the show for the 6th day now and getting random freezing the music still plays but lights frozen most times it restarts and catches up in under 10 sec had it once today needed everything power cycled to fix running falcon controller v4 and a pie 3+ connected direct and control the show start /stop via wifi i start the show then close the tab not sure if its the wifi dropping out and trying to log back on that makes it freeze any ideas?
not sure if you have fixed the problem yet? but I had the same problem with my F16V4. It would randomly freeze and had to be fully powered down to reset it. I updated the the firmware to build 11 and the issue has gone now.