RAY 27's

Porsche

Full time elf
Hey guys, Ive missed the past 2 years lighting display. Just knocking the dust off them tonight. Ive got a mental blank.
What was the Ray 27's controllers DMX setting for the test pattern??

Porsche

Full time elf
yeah. It would be so cool if those controller you could just set at a shimmer or twinkle... I havent had time to program anything this year. So I was just going to put a few bits up and run on test pattern

i13

Dedicated elf
Might be getting off topic here but you can use sequences from other people.

Porsche

Full time elf
really?, thats the only issue with LSP. awesome program, does everything, just needs a lot of attention. im actually thinking of taking a real cheat next year and going plug and play LOR.

relxerd

New elf
Porsche said:
really?, thats the only issue with LSP. awesome program, does everything, just needs a lot of attention. im actually thinking of taking a real cheat next year and going plug and play LOR.

You do realize that LOR will charge you a premium for the software right? You must purchase the LOR Advanced software level to output pixel data through e1.31. The software is getting ridiculously expensive. I'd download the latest release of Xlights and play with it before ever going to LOR. There is a huge online community that is happy to help you out :) In LOR's defense, I love the program for AC controller lighting. Just is way overpriced and underdeveloped for pixel and RGB editing. Cheers :)

Clyde L

Doctor_007

Apprentice elf
Hi Guys,

Do you happen to know if Rays board with the RJ45 interface has a DMX over Ethernet bridge inbuilt or do you still need a separate device for this?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32727500891.html#autostay

Thanks,

Matt.

Also... What is the output from these - is it just controlling 5V for each RGB channel for dumb RGBs? Wanting to use some dumb RBGs as well control some of the older "Kmart" lights.

Thanks,

Matt.

i13

Dedicated elf
You need to supply a DMX signal to run those controllers. This usually isn't too much of a problem because many pixel controllers can output the DMX signal that you need. These include the Falcon and PixLite controllers.

The output from the 27 channel controller is the same voltage as the power input that you supply. It is also possible to use multiple voltages on the same 27 channel controller by connecting the negative power supply outputs together and wiring the common positive wire from the light set back to the power supply that supplies the right voltage for that light set. Connect one power supply positive to the controller's positive input. This is illustrated in Example 2 here https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Controller-Setups-and-Settings
Don't connect the positive outputs of the power supplies together.

I use the 27 channel controllers with 31V and they handle it fine despite saying 12-24V on the PCB. You'll need to do a slight modification if you want to power the controller with a 5V supply, otherwise you can use it with 5V lights as in Example 3 in the wiki article.

Doctor_007

Apprentice elf
You need to supply a DMX signal to run those controllers. This usually isn't too much of a problem because many pixel controllers can output the DMX signal that you need. These include the Falcon and PixLite controllers.

The output from the 27 channel controller is the same voltage as the power input that you supply. It is also possible to use multiple voltages on the same 27 channel controller by connecting the negative power supply outputs together and wiring the common positive wire from the light set back to the power supply that supplies the right voltage for that light set. Connect one power supply positive to the controller's positive input. This is illustrated in Example 2 here https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Controller-Setups-and-Settings
Don't connect the positive outputs of the power supplies together.

I use the 27 channel controllers with 31V and they handle it fine despite saying 12-24V on the PCB. You'll need to do a slight modification if you want to power the controller with a 5V supply, otherwise you can use it with 5V lights as in Example 3 in the wiki article.

Great, thanks i13. Once my controllers arrive I'll start having a play.