Ray Wu 5v pixels

JulianLights

Apprentice elf
Hey all
I’m looking to buy some 5v pixels from Ray Wu. I’ve purchased 12v pixels from him before with the 13.5mm pigtails. I have found these ones but they have the xconnect pigtails.

Would they still connect to the 13.5mm pigtails? My initial thoughts are no or if they do the wiring might be around the wrong way?
Thanks everyone

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
All of Ray's order can be customised.

Email him
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.

link him this
and ask to add white or black 13.5mm pigtails for $2USD*** per strand.

He will always work with you to ensure you have what you need. Also ensure you ask for DHL express if you want it quicker its only a little bit extra

Hope it helped
Jack | Derf

JulianLights

Apprentice elf
Thanks Kate and Jack. I will contact him and see if what he can do re custom pigtails (or point me to ones with the 13.5mm already on).
The main reason I was keen on these was the relatively cheap price of roughly $7.50 AUD per string. I’d be looking at buying quite a few and any extra money I can save will mean I can buy more lights!

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
My first email I just sent him any link to the type of lights I wanted from his Aliexpress store. Stated connector type and it was done.
I've got a feeling Ray can also provide different colours to some extent. Bullet nodes come in many colours but speciality lights like C9's might have options.

The main reason I was keen on these was the relatively cheap price of roughly $7.50 AUD per string. I’d be looking at buying quite a few and any extra money I can save will mean I can buy more lights!
Don't rush yourself. You can buy them over time. Get good ones that are made to your specifications.
From another thread about 12v pixel regulators I've been doing some testing and found that they can go as low as 4.8v. I'd have regulators in pixel nodes anytime.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Another way to save a tiny bit of cash is if you know that you don’t need the 100mm spacing between lights then just ask for what you need. I have a prop that I only wanted 80mm spacing and ray reduced the cost per string, also saves on weight.

As per previous posts, no matter what you buy always email him for a quote, also if you pay via PayPal and not through Aliexpress then you don’t have to add the import tax and I didn’t have to pay it when it arrived in Aus. That was for around $700 worth, where Aliexpress by law has to add the GST and would of been another $70.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Wire spacing is a good one. I've kept to standard for future proofing string relocation, but this would help for dense props like coro.

If you pay via PayPal and not through Aliexpress then you don’t have to add the import tax and I didn’t have to pay it when it arrived in Aus.
Ooooh. Wonder what that means for NZ's recent tax on all imports?
I'll have to wait and find out when my large order comes (Once I have decided what to order ;)).

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Many of us use those PROMOTION! 5v nodes on many different props with little to no issues at all.
Depending on what props such as some of the Boscoyo/Extreme ones you get, some of the spacing may not reach between some of thre larger gaps, but nothing a quick slice of wires wont fix.

JulianLights

Apprentice elf
Thanks everyone for the advice. I ended up contacting Ray and he gave me a good deal to put the 13.5mm pigtails on to the 5v strings I wanted. Thanks again!

videoman3857

Full time elf
Another way to save a tiny bit of cash is if you know that you don’t need the 100mm spacing between lights then just ask for what you need. I have a prop that I only wanted 80mm spacing and ray reduced the cost per string, also saves on weight.

As per previous posts, no matter what you buy always email him for a quote, also if you pay via PayPal and not through Aliexpress then you don’t have to add the import tax and I didn’t have to pay it when it arrived in Aus. That was for around $700 worth, where Aliexpress by law has to add the GST and would of been another $70.
Any order over $1000 will automatically attract GST and Customs duties at the Australian end, so keep your order low

JulianLights

Apprentice elf
Thanks again everyone
When I asked Ray for a quote to ship the pixels over he made a note that the pixels are ‘made of 24awg very thin wire,not very good quality’. He directed me to ones with 18awg wire (admittedly better quality). Has anyone had experience with the 5v promotion pixels?
I am planning to use them for a mega tree.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
It maybe cheaper but I will only always get 18awg. I would rather less lights with higher quality and less failures.

Last edited: