1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Ray Wu shipping cost or discounts

Discussion in 'Christmas Light Shopping Bargains' started by Homer2014, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Homer2014

Homer2014 Apprentice Elf

Find Me On:
    G'day

I put a small order together from other people's shopping list !! So I can have a play around with the gear and hopefully learn how it all works. The list came to around $300AUD, I asked Ray if could do anything better regarding the shipping costs and the discount was about $16AUD.

Is that discount normal ? I had a couple of power supplies , 150 pixels, pigtails and a tester. I know you can't work out the shipping on that info but do any of you get better discounts or should I not expect to get it much cheaper.

Living in Broome probably doesn't help with the shipping costs I guess. My first order took one day from China to OZ & arrived in Perth last Thursday and still waiting !!.

Thanks

Homer

2. Roosta

Roosta Full Time Elf

Sounds about right mate.. My order was twice yours and i got a $35 discount..

3. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    If you got the quote via email he will already have given you some sort of discount on the shipping more than likely. Punch the same things into his aliexpress site and see what shipping comes to on there.

4. lizardking

lizardking IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT

Find Me On:
    if you place an order that is lots of stuff at small cost like lots of pixels that the freight is high you will get a bigger discount
    say if you order 25 string of 100 pixels the freight is about $185 USD you will get a bigger discount than if you order say 10 PSU and the freight is $83 USD cause they are bulkier items

5. OP
    OP
    Homer2014

Homer2014 Apprentice Elf

Find Me On:
    Cheers for the help

I put everything in the cart before emailing Ray so that I could see what discount Ray was giving from my email shopping list. Just thought it would have been a bit more of a discount if all put in the one package.

If sounds about right all is good

Cheers

6. damona

damona Full Time Elf

You need to order enough to make the postage costs worth it. i.e. the more you order the less of a % the postal costs is.

7. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Nothing against Ray, as he has served many people well, myself included.
    But there is nothing that says you cannot shop around.
    I have purchased many lights from other vendors as the price was way better and not had problems.
    Ray has just been good to this ACL community and will always help you out if there is any problems. The others may or may not.

8. BoonDogs

BoonDogs I am self diagnosed with CLAP

Find Me On:

I got a quote from Ray that came to $780USD including shipping and he gave me a discount of $80USD. I don't know what other people get, but if you keep asking him, he'll eventually come down in price, that's what I did

9. bdt

bdt Apprentice Elf

Find Me On:
    I've noticed when my order is over $1k I get another bill from the carrier so I think there's a balance on how big to make your order.