Ray Wu shipping delay?

FrankO

New elf
Hi guys,

Bought a bunch of stuff from Ray Wu 26/9. AliExpress says it will automatically cancel the order if not shipped by 14/10 and it hasn't been shipped yet.
Understand they are probably flat out, is this delay normal for this time of year?

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
My last order from Ray was placed September 6th and took 15 days to ship. On the plus side, it arrived 2 days after that, so it wasn't a big deal. They're backed up right now, but I wouldn't sweat it too much. AliExpress will almost certainly offer to extend that timeframe for Ray and not cancel the order; I've seen them do that on other orders I've placed. They don't want to lose their commission, either.

Last edited:

JulianLights

Apprentice elf
I contacted Ray on the 26/9 about shipping times as I was thinking of placing an order and he mentioned that if I placed an order then he would not be shipping out until around the 10/10 after the national holiday there so maybe that could be the cause of the delay

Katekate

Senior elf
My last order was paid 4/9, shipped 21/9, received 29/9

I order direct with Ray, not through Aliexpress though.

Definitely delays around this time of year. Often they take a few days either side of the National Day of the People's Republic of China, as it includes Mid-Autumn Festival and Golden Week. Then there's the backlog to clear. lol.

mikey

New elf
I have an order i placed on the 12/9 which i still have not received.

TRAVISTY

Let's make smoke
Placed order on the 20/9 received in AUS on the 8/10. Ray asked for a 3 extension before shipping

westaussie

New elf
I placed an order on 26/9 and still waiting - Ray has come back to inform me that it should ship in another weeks time.
Smaller order placed with Paul Zhang on the same day has arrived 8/10.
If you need a quick turn around then Paul and his team may be a better choice.

battle79

Full time elf
Also depends on what you have ordered. If you ask for standard items and confirm they are in stock they can ship straight away. Usually it's only one item holding up the order. If you order custom spaced icicles or such then it will take time obviously. Sounds like the Holiday is the main problem though.
For comparison, I ordered 2 months ago and my custom spaced strings only took 2 weeks total.
He's always looked after this community, but lately we are taxing his ability to keep up around this time of year.

RAMJET

so much to do so little time
Generous elf
Sorry to hear about the delay. I had a shipment arrive last week, it arrived 3 days after Ray notified me on the shipping number. Mine came with DHL.

FrankO

New elf
Thanks everyone. Sounds like the holiday is the main delay, all good. He's just written back to me that it'll ship in 4 days.

nightflyer00

James
My order was placed on 22/09/2020. Ray sent an email to say payment had cleared on 24/09/2020. Haven't heard anything since.

Hoping it's on it's way soon. I won't hassle him for a couple more days until their holiday is over.

bpratt

Senior elf
I got my 5 replacement p5 panels this week, so he's still shipping stuff out, but as you can guess with their holidays and getting closer to Christmas, things are going to take longer.

tooms

12v4life
The China national day holiday and also our friends in the USA and other countries that celebrate halloween all make October a busy month for the pixel vendors

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Placed my payment on 24/September/2020, the same as @nightflyer00 , still waiting upon an email for shipment tracking number.
I was expecting Ray to be busy with orders.
Doesn't help that I've ordered loads of icicles custom made :).