Ray Wu's shipping costs to USA

petulka77

New elf
Hey,
Does anybody know how is it with Ray Wu’s shipping costs to US?
I have not ordered anything from him yet. Since everybody recommends him I will do business with him as well. On the Ray Wu store website - Invoices to Customers - it says: “Free Shipping to United States Via DHL “ on the existing invoices to the US .
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/invoice-to-customers/701799_211491854.html

When I look at the products there is not such a statement, but the price for shipping is included in the total price calculation.
Does he provide a free shipping to US via DHL if the order exceeds some certain $ amount or how is it with his shipping?
My intended order has over a couple hundred dollars for shipping (which got pretty expensive).
(Sorry if this post is in a wrong topic, but I could not find any topic where I could post such a question)

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
petulka77,
What Ray normally does when you order something is to post a web page link just for your order that will just show the total cost.
This is a temp page only for your order & after a while it will no longer be there....You order from this page. It will have the shipping included into the price.
Don't go back to the first page you saw the products on......
If you have any questions get back to Ray by e-mail before you order....

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
Ray will also combine the shipping cost for multiple items made in your order. This will reduce the total cost. The best thing is to e-mail Ray to make sure of what the terms will be before you place your order.....
Ray has been a very good person to deal with. He understands the American way of buying things......

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The best way to deal with Ray is to make up a spread sheet of all the items you want with the picture, decription, links to products ,cost, your name, shipping address and send direct to Ray through aliexpress shop chat room and have a quick chat to ray about wanting to have combined shipping, you can then directly send him the spread sheet with your requested items and know he has it. Depending on how busy he is will determine how quick you get your proforma invoivce back. Most of us will pay via paypal, so if you wanted to go through the aliexpress store then you need to ask ray to put up a aliexpress link to your goods where it will then say free shipping as the total cost will be goods and combined shipping. A lot of money in shipping can be saved this way

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
yeah i agree with eddy, speaking directly with him (Ray), and giving him a total list (with links and description of items) and asking for a personal invoice with your preferred choice of courier, works out cheaper.

He also uses PayPal this way, which offers the security you want for purchases, but helps avoid the overheads that are applicable to Ray through Aliexpress, hence the ability to give a much better rate.

But remember, check, recheck, double check and triple check all orders with ray and get confirmation before committing to the purchase. Ray will bend over backwards to help you, not all of the suppliers will do what he does for us in the time frame he does it.

petulka77

New elf
Thank you everybody for the info.

1 more question. Is there any $$$ limit to USA per order/package to avoid any customs issues?

joeengler

Apprentice elf
I agree on the spreadsheet, that is what I do for every request. The total is always much cheaper then if you we're to just add everything to your cart.

On PayPal payment, I thought that I read that the site no longer takes Ayala or did I misread it?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I send a fair bit of stuff to the U.S of A and I do know that if the invoice is over 2k there are all sort of customs issues that have to be taken care of. I don't know if there are any tax things that need to be taken care of. Here in Aussie if the invoice total is above 1000 then there is tax to be paid on the full amount.

petulka77 said:

1 more question. Is there any $$$ limit to USA per order/package to avoid any customs issues?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AAH said:
I send a fair bit of stuff to the U.S of A and I do know that if the invoice is over 2k there are all sort of customs issues that have to be taken care of. I don't know if there are any tax things that need to be taken care of. Here in Aussie if the invoice total is above 1000 then there is tax to be paid on the full amount.

petulka77 said:

From what i know its $2K limit

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
joeengler said:
On PayPal payment, I thought that I read that the site no longer takes Ayala or did I misread it?

PayPal is no longer supported by the AliExpress or Alibaba setup, yes, but many of the smaller vendors like Ray still support people who like to use PayPal. Given the choice, I would rather use PayPal than most other payment terms, including the AliExpress current setup.