Ray's New P2811 Pixel Icicles

rlemery

New elf
rfallatt said:
I have a question.
I'm about to make an order from Ray also. I'm struggling with the amount of nodes on each string. I thought I would go with the standard but now that I see the (2)84 strings it make more sense todo this set up. Comments? Like power injection or otherwise.
I also saw some people are getting the T's in the 343 setup, why would you do that?
I use 343 tees for 2811 pixel floods. The 4 wire end has 12v, ground, data in and data out. With them I can daisy chain the floods.

lowepg

New elf
I slightly customized these from Ray (50 pixels/string).

Just mounted them on the house this weekend and they look fantastic!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442647810.773757.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442647810.773757.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 113

logandc99

Dedicated elf
In another thread about these pixicles, I posted a pic of 120 nodes running off one output from a pixlite 4 all on white with all glowing nicely without any pink nodes. However, in reality when I ran them in a sequence off one output from my falcon 16 v2, the lights flickered badly when all on which then went away with power injection added in between the two strings of 60. So I will be power injecting at Xmas time.

relxerd

New elf
Logan did you tell David Pitts about the issue? Shouldn't be flickering. Maybe an issue with the firmware? What is the distance from the controller to the first pixel?

logandc99

Dedicated elf
relxerd said:
Logan did you tell David Pitts about the issue? Shouldn't be flickering. Maybe an issue with the firmware? What is the distance from the controller to the first pixel?

Ok. I just presumed I was pushing the limits at 120 nodes. 3m from controller to lights. Will check things out more fully when back from holiday.

Habbosrus

Back again
Re: Ray's New P2811 Pixel Icicles

rfallatt said:
I have a question.
I'm about to make an order from Ray also. I'm struggling with the amount of nodes on each string. I thought I would go with the standard but now that I see the (2)84 strings it make more sense todo this set up. Comments? Like power injection or otherwise.
I also saw some people are getting the T's in the 343 setup, why would you do that?
I originally came up with the idea of the 343 T's and asked Ray if it could be done. My idea was to simply join the T's together and use 4pin connectors on home-made pixicles as droppers. I thought the T's would have many uses in our displays and many are using for floods, stars on roofs, etc. Unfortunately I got impatient and started making my pixicles with 3 pin connectors. As I was getting to the last of them, Ray contacted me and told me he would have the connectors in his store within a short time. Serve myself right :eek: . It would cost more to do the pixicles with 343 T's, but much easier for changing them if needed and easier to change lengths if needed (I have just moved house and of course, need to change my pixicles now). Ray can make the T's in just about any configuration you like. I have many quotes from him for various configurations, from 4 x T's connected to extra long lengths, just waiting for my money tree to grow :D

damona

Full time elf
Kitman, any updates, what ended up being the max run of them.

Kitman

Full time elf
damona said:
Kitman, any updates, what ended up being the max run of them.

Hey Damona,

Still waiting for my next set of icicles to rock up from Ray, and also a spare weekend (getting less and less of them) so I can build my controller and run the tests, as I said I had no problems with 120 nodes and very little voltage drop so I will try joining 2 together once I get them and see how that performs.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
I have almost 3 sets hooked up together and I have only injected power at the start and finish of the whole run.

Andy2000

Apprentice elf
Got my icicles from Ray and trying to test them. Continually blowing fuses on Pixlite16. Checked the wiring according to Rays website and all seems right. Also tried on 5v and still blows the fuse. Any ideas?

Cheers

i13

Dedicated elf
What is the current rating of the fuse?

Check that the wires don't touch together at the far end of the pixicles.

arw01

Full time elf
put a multi-meter on the pigtail sockets and the same on the male pins for the lights themselves and post the readings here. If you don't have a multi-meter, go buy one.

Alan