RBLs - Australian Alternative?

L33nsta

New elf
Hello First time Poster,
For the People in Australia, have you found something similar available locally that you have been able to make work?

This is the US Link to these

1638626287486.png

james_o100

New elf
In short, no.
I've been keeping a lookout for anything that could work locally (Bunnings etc) and haven't come across anything.

That being said, I am also a 3D Printing Enthusiast, and am considering printing some.
Will try and remember to let you know if I have any success.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I'm not into 3d printing but it sounds like each would be a LOT of filament to print these? Would that be very much cheaper than getting these from OS or maybe finding a cheap Chinese version perhaps?

Katekate

Senior elf
I have searched all over aliexpress and alibaba for anything similar. I'd def be keen to get some if we could get a good source for them.

might be time to build a vacuform machine, im sure the real ones are blowmold but I think thats a bit tough to diy.

james_o100

New elf
I'm not into 3d printing but it sounds like each would be a LOT of filament to print these? Would that be very much cheaper than getting these from OS or maybe finding a cheap Chinese version perhaps?
Depends - a 1kg roll of Filament (PLA) is approx $30 or PETG approx $40.

I would estimate (purely a guesstimate) you would get a minimum 3-4 RBL's out of one roll. Maybe even more depending on the RBL size.
Not overly bad.

I've got no idea how much it would cost to get some over here from the states though.

bpratt

Senior elf
I have a 3d printer myself, but printing time and convenience of actually buying some that are already made would be my choice too. :)