Recommend me a 5v Power supply

Qantarus

Year 3 - still keeping it simple
Hey all

Well I've bought my 1st 32 strings and managed to get hold of a Falcon F16v3, however it's all sitting there teasing me...I now I need to power it up and start really playing with the setup.

I see that most recommend the Meanwell RSP-320-5.

Are there any others that people use / would recommend?

Ultimately I would think I'm going to need 4 - 2 for my tree, 1 for the falcon, arches etc and 1 backup. While I would love to go all Meanwell from the get go I don't think the budget will stretch that far in the 1st year.

Just after suppliers and any other recommended models etc - I know I'm asking a lot :)

Thanks in advance :)

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
I generally get my Meanwell PSU from arrow.com however they don’t seem to have the 5v versions in stock
Maybe these are a option

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
One of the best is the Meanwell 320's, so they are a good supply at a reasonable cost. I run a mix of them and the cheap chinese supplies, and am finally starting to see some failures after 8 years, both in meanwells and the cheaper supplies. last year I lost a 5 year old meanwell and an original 5V 350W one from Ray, so this year I plan on adding a few more of both and retiring a few of the older ones that wont pass a load test

ezellner

Full time elf
I run the LRS-350-5 and have been happy with them. Looking at the spec differences between the LRS and the RSP series, the big difference is that the RSP series has power factor correction. This feature almost doubles the price so if you don't need it, get the LRS series. All other specs are virtually identical.

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
Meanwell
Don’t go cheap I did and almost lost the controller they are worth a lot more and are the hart of the show.