Answered Relay with Arduino ticks but does not switch.

Nodlek

New elf
Hello all. This is my first year doing a light show and I am also quite new to forums so please excuse me if I do something wrong.
I am trying to make some generic solar lights turn on off with this 8 channel relay. I am also sequencing them to Vixen using this tutorial and an Arduino Uno.
When I run my Vixen sequence after configuring everything, I can hear the ticking of the relays, and the indicator lights on each relay turn on when they should.
My problem is, when I connected the lights (solar panel positive to COM and light positive to NC)the lights do not turn on despite the relay ticking and the indicator turning on.
I know that the code and the Arduino works because I was able to get it working with a 1 channel relay earlier.
Please if you need more details don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks heaps,
Nodlek:)

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Might be a silly question but are you testing the lights in daylight?

Nodlek

New elf
Ok I am really sorry to waste you time like this but it turns out the battery on the lights were flat. Thank you so much for all your help anyways.
Thanks,
Nodlek

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
😂 I did think to ask that a bit later.
You might also like to put a manual switch in so you just flick it on during daytime to charge the battery.

Nodlek

New elf
Yes thanks That sounds like a good idea. I look forward to sharing my light show hopefully early December.