Release 3.5.1; Fix for crashes in whole house model.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Dave has found the root cause of crashes that occurred with some people and not others. It was related to single channel models that draw multiple lights but have only one channel.
It has been fixed in 3.5.1, the model i tried last night that crashes is now good.

Frankr has added ability to rotate models in the PREVIEW tab to include all models, not just single string.

REMEMBER!! Please ALWAYS do a "File,Backup" Before installing new software. Your xml files will be backed up into the Backup sub-directory under your show folder. Do It, it only takes a few seconds.

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
=================================
3.5.1 Oct 30, 2014
-bug (dpitts) Found bug that causes crash. Single color models that have multiple lights (think 1 string of single color
with 50 lights uses 1 channel, but draws 50 places) was not allocating memory correctly for each pseudo light.
-enh (frankr) Ability added to preview screen, you now can rotate any object not just single string.
3.5.0 Oct 29, 2014
-enh (dpitts) New button added to the preview screen. This will create a Whole House Model for you automatically.
There is now a new type of model "Whole House". You no longer need to use spreadsheets and the custom model.
Procedure: Layout your preview. When everything is correct, press "Create Whole House Model". Give it a name.
This new whole house model should NOT have "Part of my Display" checked.
Add the new whole house model as a column in your Nutcracker grid.
enjoy the new feature, many thanks to Dave Pitts!!
-bug (dkulp) fixed issue with Star model with users sequences that were older than Oct 20th. This was crashing
xlights at launch time.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Cool, will play with it a bit later... great job guys.

any Ideas on how to make a pixel cane model ?

-Blu

smeighan

Dedicated elf
for pixel cane just use a single strand.

Now if you reall want it to look like a candy cane in teh preview, use custom model. Build it with
rgb nodes
dumb rgb
single channel lights

build a custom model with an imaginary box with enough resolution to place your lights, maybe 10x20, 15x40 .etc.

Sst starting channel of this model (like say 1000), then enter numbers starting at 1 in the custom model. 1,2,3, .etc. the first 1 = 1000 because that is where the start channel was set

bluzervic

So each box in the custom model is a pixel / node ?

so if I start at 5021 then next box is 5022 and then 5023 .... etc etc ?

Just want to understand :D

-Blu

smeighan

Dedicated elf
You always inter numbers.

If RGB node model, then numbers are RGB nodes
1,2,3 entered into a custom model would be channels {1,2,3},{4,5,6},{7,8,9}

If using DUMB RGB each number represent an entire string of dumb egb
you enter 1,2,3 means channels [SIZE=78%] [/SIZE][/size][SIZE=78%]{1,2,3},{4,5,6},{7,8,9}[/SIZE]
[/size][SIZE=78%]but each number is an entire string of dumb rgb[/SIZE]
[/size]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]If you are making a model with single channel lights, use the same number multiple times[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1,1,1,1,1,1,1 will only use channel 1 but will draw 7 lights when viewed in the preview[/font]

vincerules

Full time elf
smeighan said:
You always inter numbers.

If RGB node model, then numbers are RGB nodes
1,2,3 entered into a custom model would be channels {1,2,3},{4,5,6},{7,8,9}

If using DUMB RGB each number represent an entire string of dumb egb
you enter 1,2,3 means channels [SIZE=78%]{1,2,3},{4,5,6},{7,8,9}[/SIZE]
[SIZE=78%]but each number is an entire string of dumb rgb[/SIZE]

If you are making a model with single channel lights, use the same number multiple times
1,1,1,1,1,1,1 will only use channel 1 but will draw 7 lights when viewed in the preview

I didn't know it worked like that for pixels... I have some holiday coro mini trees and creatd them using a custom model. Each has 20 pixels and I just numbered the boxes 1-20... guess i gotta go back and number them properly {1,2,3}...{58,59,60}

Is that right sean?

smeighan

Dedicated elf
no, for rgb strings just enter 1,2,3,4

i was trying to explain how what you enter is going to be change dinto channels internally.

If you have 20 rgb nodes starting at channel 100, you enter number 1 thru 20 and set start channel to 100 in the custom model

vincerules

Full time elf
OK, perfect. So I'm good to go. The custom model is fantastic! It takes a little thinking through some times but I've been able to make my mega star, coro trees and a train w/ smoke using it.

bluzervic

Cool,

I will give it a shot...I will also try it with my Coro trees as well
Will post back here with the status later tonight

-blu