Release release 4.0.12

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Release 4.0.12

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
---------------------------------
4.0.12 Apr 2, 2015
-- enh (gil) Render Morph effect into background of effect layer. This follows on ON and COLORWASH
-- bug () Add show directory to SETUP tab #156
-- bug () Undocking panels for first time - not showing complete panel #147
-- bug () Edit Display Elements window not full view #129
-- bug () Text element with Horizontal matrix and output to lights enabled - Crash #127
-- bug () Resizing effects then deleting - Effect still shows in preview #125
Gil had this comment on his changes for Morph "Since Dan already laid the ground work for effect backgrounds
I was able to code up the Morph in about 10 minutes. I'm currently not handling when they clip on the
window edges so I'm try to fix that and then check it in. Most of these I used white for the head except
for 2 in the middle you can see the head color transition."

I have included a picture Gil did showing how his morph effect now displays in the sequencer grid.

Attachments

• gdcgjabi.png
    gdcgjabi.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 10

Gilrock

Full time elf
Actually I fixed the clipping issues before I got it checked in. Here's a 30 second video showing some morphs I dropped onto my display to give an idea of how to use them on arches and some of the shapes you can create and how to have multiple morphs occurring on the same model concurrently. With the new rendering you can see where the head of the morph ends related to time which greatly helps with knowing when the head of the morph will hit the ground if you're synchronizing to beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhF9-63fIkw