Remove imported LOR effects from xLights

bdt

Apprentice elf
Is it possible to remove effects I converted from LOR? I’ve tried everything I can think of but I can’t delete them. I’ve even tried removing the models but the effects just shift down to the next model.

Is the only solution to start over without importing any LOR sequences?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I think that you need to click "render all" and then you can delete the effects. I remember having the same issue about a week ago before I learned about the "render all".

gerry

Senior elf
How did you import them - as a data layer or as Import effects ?

If as a data layer , you should be able to delete the data layer , render again and then save the fseq (or delete the existing fseq just to be sure before saving).

If as import effects , then the effects can be deleted or drop an off effect to negate the LOR stuff.

Similarly you can always "override" imported effects by dropping effects on the sequencer and rendering

bdt

Apprentice elf
I believe data layer, I used the wizard to import the LOR sequence. I don’t understand layers very well so I’m guessing it all one layer.

While sequencing I found out I can’t change the imported effects unless I right click on the model’s node and select “convert to effect”. Then I can delete or change it as if it is an xLights effect. However, if I delete the change, or the effect I overlaid it with and click render all. The imported effect comes back.

I’ve tried everything I can think of;
I converted the effects, then deleted them, click render it comes back.
I removed the fseq file prior to clicking render or save and it comes back.
I removed the model and the effects move to the next model.

I’m baffled.