Replacement fairy light controller

Tegan

New elf
Hey guys,

We had a pretty crazy hail/storm here a few days back and I have 3 of the small white transformer boxes now wet and no longer working, 1 is to a blue waterfall light 3x3 meters and the other 2 are cheap 3x2 net lights, can I buy replacement boxes at all as the lights them selves are fine :( thanks so much !

I'm located in Brisbane qld.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
My guess without seeing them or knowing where they come from is no.

gerry

Senior elf
Are you able to post a picture of them as well as indicate what the specs on the label says ?

just in case I or others have similar ones that were removed from existing lights.

AlexB

New elf
Tegan - when you say transformer boxes - do you mean the little multi-controller with the button that is about 30cm from the lights? or do you mean the plugpack in the wall?

I'm assuming you mean the multicontrollers as you say the lights still work - and you'd only know that if the plugpack was still working.

The multicontrollers aren't the most waterproof thing in the world, but they do dry out pretty well. If you hang them upside down and drain the water out, and then put them inside a clipseal bag cabletied to the rest of the cable to keep them upside down, they should start working after a dry-out period.

A power supply can be replaced, if you know what you are doing with electricity, but not recommended for a DIY'er without experience.

More info, or some photos would be helpful.

uppitt

Apprentice elf
I've just had the same experience. After some motifs got blown off my roof, they were still working at ground level, but when I put them back up, one started flicking, and then eventually stopped working. There was water in the controller box. The Plug pack still has 31V. But likewise I think this particular motif will just become a spare part in case others fail in the future. I've never had issues with water before, but then again we haven't had this amount of rain for a while. I might have to take up your suggestion of using sealable bags.

sledgexiv

New elf
Hi, if you are able to get the voltage and wattage information off the plug pack I may be able to supply a number of "fairy light controllers" as I have boxes full of them not used in my display.