Replacement Mosfets - Question answered. Thank you

videoman3857

Full time elf
I have a number of CMB16D controllers that I purchased 2nd hand and I need to replace a few Mosfets.
Can I substitute the newer FQP30N0L mosfet for the existing FFP30N06LE 60V 30A TO-220AB Mosfet.??
Also, I am ok with soldering, but one of the boards looks like the previous owner had a hell of a time getting a mosfet out and has killed some of the track leading to the Mosfet. I think I can link some wires to rectify the path of the circuit board that has lifted.
Is there an easy way of removing the mosfet without damaging the board.? Too much heat will kit the circuit track. Not enough heat wont melt the solder. it seems to be a fine line. I do have solder wick.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I don't know what the board look like but typically it's easier to snip the leads off the mosfet 1st then pull each leg out whilst heat is applied with an iron. The use of a solder sucker is normally better for pulling the solder out of the holes. Applying some fresh solder before removing the solder in the holes can actually be beneficial.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I forgot to look up the data sheets before replying to 2nd question. The 2 mosfets should be interchangeable for this application. The gate resistance is going to be similar and I'm too lazy to look up and compare the turn on voltage. At the 5V logic used on the board both will be turned on hard enough regardless. The gate capacitance may vary slightly which can slightly affect the dimming.

videoman3857

Full time elf
Thanks AHH.
Never thought of snipping the mosfet off. That maks a lit of sence.
I thought the mosfet would be close and I have no idea what all the gobble gook means