Replacing Ropelight with Pixels

Steve22537

Full time elf
I need to replace the ropelight on my existing wire frames. I have thought of many ways to do this, but no success yet.
1. Fix pixels to wire frame - how?
2. Fix LED pixel strip to frames - problem with direction of light.
3. Place LED strip inside 10mm clear tube - cant bend at right angles.
4. Cut strips down to shorter lengths, join with flexible cable at bends and place inside 10mm clear tube - PIA.

I like the idea of fixing the square side entry pixels to the frame but I will need some sort of clip to hold them so they don't rotate around the wire.

I'm open to any ideas at the moment so any ideas welcome.

Steve

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Steve22537 said:
I need to replace the ropelight on my existing wire frames. I have thought of many ways to do this, but no success yet.
1. Fix pixels to wire frame - how?

I did this with an old wire frame star and was really pleased with the result. I laid bullet pixels end to end and attached each one with a single cable tie, pics attached.

If you would like to see the star in action I did a piece on this in my walkthrough video, skip to 14:20
https://youtu.be/nUg-CD4e7Fo

Attachments

• Star - Rope.jpg
    Star - Rope.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • Star - Pixels.jpg
    Star - Pixels.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • Star - Close Up.jpg
    Star - Close Up.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87

Steve22537

Full time elf
Thanks David, I like what you've done with your star. I'm going to give it a go, got 20 5 point stars to start with. I'll try one then go from there.

Steve

JPB

Full time elf
Square side entry pixels from Ray with a custom 70mm spacing. Any shorter and it gets hard to solder them to pigtails etc.
d93b1db00db0e2e30db8f8d3cc962451.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk