[Resolved] AusChristmasLighting Chat Issues 22/09/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Hi Everyone,

If you've tried logging into the chat this morning you may or may not have been able to get in. If you have been able to get in, you will have quickly realised that chatters are showing as logging on and off multiple times a minute.

I am advised AusChristmasLighting, along with any other websites hosted on the same server, were due to move to newer hardware this morning, around midnight (Saturday). This operation would appear as though it was completed by 2:00 am or so. However it has become apparent that something at the server level has reacted badly to these server changes, causing the ongoing bouncing in and out of logged in chatters.

Attempting to post threads or replies here on the forum while in the chat will display a session expiry message, but staying out of chat appears to avoid the session-based issues that ACL is experiencing this morning.

The hosting provider has been notified however at this time I don't have an ETA on when the Chat issues will be resolved.

I have closed the chat room for the time being, but will reopen it once I receive an update on the server situation, hopefully later on today.

Sorry for the inconveniences!

Hang in there for the moment!

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Re: [Resolved] ACL Chat Issues 22/09/2012

As at 11:40 EST the problem has been resolved by a server technician.

The chat is open once again, all persons with CLAP unite! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.