Revised ACL 101. draft here for a limited time

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Just a suggestion, maybe make all links point to wiki entries in ACL
That way links can be changed in the wiki as needed by all of us and don't go stale in the document? Just a thought. :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I've decided that some info on the LOR, DMX and E.31 protocols point to the wiki rather than going into the 101. It saves on me typing, saves noobs getting flooded with technical jargon and allows for easy updating.
I added some tutorials for the sequencers but the gurus for the individual sequencers will have to let me know if there are better ones.
Added a few more boards.
It appears that some links in text boxes didn't work. At 1st glance it looks to be the ones that link to the strips, nodes etc from about page 24. All the info is there in the Word document so it's just a matter of me picking the right setting when rendering to a pdf.
RCD and GFCI are now both in there.
Fixed the graphic on p60. That 1 dates back 2 years so I didn't break it :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Just a tip
There are users that will print this out as a manual and take this to work, holidays and other places to read, so the more info you remove the less they have to read.

v8manic

New elf
I reckon a few examples of what people have done for enclosures and waterproofing, would be a good chapter.
I reckon I have spent 3 months trying to work out how and why things get done by searching the forum just for enclosure ideas.
Cheers Wade

1983ss454

New elf
Fasteddy said:
Just a tip
There are users that will print this out as a manual and take this to work, holidays and other places to read, so the more info you remove the less they have to read.

+1, I have a copy printed out and in my case with my laptop. If I don't have Internet where I am I can reference the pages.

Bird

LOR user
Very nice Alan. First Eddy and now you.
The MASSIVE amount of time it requires to do something like this is greatly appreciated by so many of us.
Thank you both very much.
And I'm not forgetting those with input to refine this document.
A person can only stare at something for so long before it all becomes a blur, so others proof reading and debugging a document of this size is also appreciated.

AAH

Woohoo. It's finally getting near completion. After a massive battle with Word 2010 I have managed to get all the links that were inside the dozens of text boxes to work. It seems the if the document is a Word 2010 document it won't render hyperlinks to a pdf correctly. Creating the document as a 2007 version and keeping it as a 2007 version keeps all the hyperlinks intact. That however screwed up a heap of the formatting which hopefully I've fixed. The "only" bad thing that appears to have happened in the 2007 version is that it doesn't like Eddys pretty front cover. To keep the cover looking the same I had to turn it into an image.

What's been added and changed since the earlier draft.
-tutorial links for the sequencers
-fixed all the hyperlinks (I hope)
-fixed more typos and grammar that dated back to the 1st version in 2012
-fixed a number of the items listed earlier in this topic
-added links to the wiki for E1.31, dmx and lor protocols for more detailed info
-added another board or 2

The revised manual which is now a few less megabytes which seems to be a side effect of the 2010/2007 battle is linked off the 1st post in this topic or can be hotlinked direct with

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5803.0;attach=5438

in the introduction when talking about the lights dumb, dumb rgb and intelligent/pixel or in the lights section. Just some reference different lighting strings/modules on how they relate to channels and how channels relate to universes, as in sequencing software and controllers it is referenced there.

davrus

Silent elf
Another great E1.31 testing tool.

http://sacnview.sourceforge.net/

sACNView is a Windows utility for viewing and controlling Streaming ACN levels on a network.

sACNView runs under Windows 2000, XP or Vista, and is written using Borland Delphi. It allows Streaming ACN data to be viewed in real time in a variety of ways, including whole universe views, individual channel displays, and oscilloscope and logging views.

sACNView version 1.3.3 is now available. It features some improvements and a new feature:
- Improved Handling of mixed priority type sources
- Added Snapshot feature

AAH

Nice 1. I will have a gander at that 1 and see if I can squeeze it into the next release which I hope will be the last.
OMG I hate M$ Word.

AAH

Nice find. What you can't see, as my battles with Word continue, is the the left column should show IP 0X, IP1X as well as the right column truncating the 0,1,2,3 etc