Revised ACL 101. draft here for a limited time

algerdes

Al Gerdes
May your battles go your way, and the thought that M$Word is still the "winner" in the word processor wars be wiped from your mind as you lay your head on your pillow each night.

Yes - I miss the days when Word Perfect was king!!! :-\

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Word Perfect is still the king here. I've been using it since about 1989 and will always use it unless it's a document supplied to me by someone or it needs to be shared by suckers that are forced to use the inferior Word.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I had a feeling you might struggle with this document as I used lots of text boxes and drawings which really bog down the computer. I did push MS word when originally doing this manual.

AAH

Someone popped into chat and mentioned further info about radio transmitters. It may have been gigogig and it may have been something about RDM(???). I just noticed that he didn't pop the info in here so I could add it whilst doing an editing session :(

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AAH said:
Someone popped into chat and mentioned further info about radio transmitters. It may have been gigogig and it may have been something about RDM( ??? ). I just noticed that he didn't pop the info in here so I could add it whilst doing an editing session :(

RDM was never previously covered because its not used in Australia.
One thing that should be noted is that some of the newer car stereos have a slight delay so the show music will appear to be trailing behind the lights and not in sync.

Not sure how people will end up managing that ever increasing issue.

AAH

Another draft has just gone up. More formatting fixed. The pdf index had some issues that I'd missed and hopefully I have now fixed all of them. I added a new section called "Pixel types and configurations" as the info that is in there wasn't really in the manual anywhere that I could recall. Added a few more links, fixed the picture of the pixlite 4, added a few more warning notes, added some distances for the different network types, added some notes about UV stability blah, blah, blah.

Latest version which is revision D at the moment is on the 1st page of the topic

AAH

The first page of this topic which is linked to via the hyperlink on the "topic" word above.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
Just went over version "d". Good document!!!

I found just two things:

Page 21 - Graphic= DC48.png
The graphic appears to be connecting the power supply to the two prongs of the fuse and not the power block (just below it.)

Page 60 - Graphic= SD-350.jpg
Same as on page 21.

Neither of these are "biggies" in my book.

And, THANK YOU for mentioning the Renard stuff several times.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
on page 67 you should add D2 to the bridge section and on page 63 I would add the p12r also. the pixad8 I think can be deleted as I do not think Ed is making these anymore

great job done on it all. it is coming along well

AAH

I've made the changes that algerdes spotted and Yagoona wanted. I now have a gap where the pixad8 was. There doesn't seem to be much else around to fit in this gap. Any suggestions I'm willing to include as long as there is easy info or me to find.
I also added da_start into the software section.

I would like to add some sort of guide to working out the current/power requirements based on Aliexpress specs to select what you can put on any given DC dimmer but I have so far been having a mental blank on how to do this. The table at http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Controllers#Feature_Comparisons would probably be a starting point.

Bird

LOR user
AAH said:
There doesn't seem to be much else around to fit in this gap. Any suggestions I'm willing to include as long as there is easy info or me to find.

Would Grumpy Cat fit?

Attachments

• 9CA05F2F-6081-4F0B-9435-FE0BD40631C8_zpswv8eg9mu[1].jpg
    9CA05F2F-6081-4F0B-9435-FE0BD40631C8_zpswv8eg9mu[1].jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 21

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Would it help to have a tid-bit on IP addressing and sub-netting ?
Just curious, It might helpful in the long run

-Blu

AAH

The draft 101 is now the official 101 and is available from the Learning Centre link on the main page.
Thx Supersteve for moving it across. We can't have all the newbies missing out on all the extra info :)