RGB controller

yzguy96

Full time elf
Hi,

My father-in-law was visiting and saw I was trying to setup my LOR and Led strips and now he would like to jump in too. Except he is not interested in syncing music and a whole display...he just wants them on his windows to show a color. Since he is not using a program like LOR or Vixen what controller do you suggest he uses to turn them on and off like traditional lights? He wanted to get the P2 like me but does he need it if he is not using a computer or software to turn it on?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
What does he want the lights for, are these just being used for Christmas or are they going to be permanently installed.

Because if its just used for standard accent lighting then there are far better and cheaper dedicated options available with remote control.

yzguy96

Full time elf
Yes, just for accent lighting. He currently has standard strings in the window he puts on a frame for xmas...he is thinking he would put LED strips all year round and change colors for the holidays.

yzguy96

Full time elf
ok thanks Ray Wu recommended a different controller with a remote for the 2811 strips.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
yzguy96 said:
ok thanks Ray Wu recommended a different controller with a remote for the 2811 strips.

Thats fine, I only linked the controller and lights as an example only, but that will be a far better solution for your father inlaw then using any of the E1.31 or DMX controllers we use.