RGB Flood "Bar"

chilloutdocdoc

Full time elf
I don't know who manufacturers those ones, but my church uses a similar setup for our massive white skrim in the back and it really is a good fit, i'll find out what ones we use and maybe have a bit more information.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It is a great effect but you really need a house with a nice big straight frontage like the house in the video to get the full benifit of using just floods in this way, but i do like the light those wall washers put out and it is simple to setup as its only using 8 bar floods.
So many things to do and want

chilloutdocdoc

Full time elf
So, some quick math and theory:

These things are 30W of LED per meter roughly speaking. They're in the ~$200 range. $6.67/Watt

60LED/Meter 5050 RGB strip is 14.4W of LED per meter. They'er in the range of $8-10 per meter. $.69/Watt

Could the same power and effect be achieved with one or two RGB led strips in parallel and some small DC controllers?

edit: typo

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
ChillOutDocDoc said:
So, some quick math theory:

These things are 30W of LED per meter roughly speaking. They're in the ~$200 range. $6.67/Watt

60LED/Meter 5050 RGB strip is 14.4W of LED per meter. They'er in the range of $8-10 per meter. $.69/Watt

Could the same power and effect be achieved with one or two RGB led strips in parallel and some small DC controllers?

The angle of the light beam is very important here, the strip you talk about has a light beam angle of 120 to 140 degress, the RGB wall washer bars have a light baem angle of 15 to 45 degrees so the RGB strip wouldnt do as well even though with the maths it seems better but you have to take into account angle of the light beam as well.

DanoNJ

Full time elf
As Eddy said, a nice large WHITE house almost anything would work well. I have a red brick front, which is almost imposible to light up.
Overall, nice, but costly.

keitha43

New elf
DanoNJ said:
As Eddy said, a nice large WHITE house almost anything would work well. I have a red brick front, which is almost imposible to light up.
Overall, nice, but costly.
Me too. Mine is a burgundy brick so this year I am going to build the new Aether II with the 40w led inside. If that doesn't work I will give up on floods.