1. Hello Christmas Expo attendees, welcome to AusChristmasLighting!
    Download your copy of the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual (free account required)
    Introduce yourself and tell us about your display plans
  2. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

RGB Pixel Control, the easy way by Mrpackethead

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by mrpackethead, Dec 29, 2010.

1. mrpackethead

mrpackethead Full Time Elf

Heres my setup for controlling RGB LED pixels

A PC running Madrix and Vixen sends E1.31 to a Stellascapes E16 SPI pixel controller.. Thats powered by 230VAC ( though it can run 100-250VAC 50/60Hz )..

The E16 ( actually multiple E16's ) are connected via ethernet into a ethernet switch. ( in my case a Juniepr SRX240, but thats what i had spare )

Plugged into the E16 controller are up to 16 strings of RGB pixels ( each string up to 84 pixels ). the pixels Im using are WS2801 based.. The E16 is housed in a waterproof polycarbonate enclosure... My pixels have a 5m leader on them now, so theres a minimum of connectors to plug together

Did everything i could to make it really easy to set up, by spending the time up front.. Will make some layout changes in 2011 when i build osme more E16's..

Attached Files: