RGB Question on LSP

slug

New elf
I new to both the pixels and LSP this year, and it's been a struggle for me. Right now I'm having problems (I think) with turning on GE CEs. I've got an e681 controller with 5 strings of GE CEs. I've got LSP 2.5. When I use the RGB effect, if I click-drag to select 9 physical pixels, it prompts me for a blend, I pick a color, then OK. But only 3 of the pixels are selected in the timeline when I'm done. Is there some limitation for different effects? Thanks.

slug

New elf
nevermind. Used the CTRL key and that's got me working now. ::) Serves me right. I bought the software back in February and just installed it last week. Not quite as intuitive as I thought, but I think it's going to work just fine.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
slug said:
I new to both the pixels and LSP this year, and it's been a struggle for me. Right now I'm having problems (I think) with turning on GE CEs. I've got an e681 controller with 5 strings of GE CEs. I've got LSP 2.5. When I use the RGB effect, if I click-drag to select 9 physical pixels, it prompts me for a blend, I pick a color, then OK. But only 3 of the pixels are selected in the timeline when I'm done. Is there some limitation for different effects? Thanks.

You should setup your controllers as RGB and then all you need is the on effect. The RGB effect is only used for non RGB controllers.

But to just pick up a piece if sophisticated software 2 weeks out from Dec1 and hope you can use it quickly wasnt a wise decision. Part of the issue with LSP is that because it offers so much, it is hard to understand at first because there are so many options and 2 weeks to learn it is leaving very little time to sequence without getting yourself frustrated due to impending deadlines and the learning curve.

slug

New elf
What about the Renard 64XC controller? I've got it in the mix too. I'm using 45 channels for incans, and I want to run some DC SSRs to control some 5050 strips. Is that what the RGB effect is for? I can test the controller/SSR in LSP and get colors, but I wasn't sure if I will be able to get other colors.

I'm not getting frustrated, life is too short for that. I'm having fun learning it, and your videos are very helpful. I've used Vixen for the past 3 years, so a change is good. I doubt if I'll get to use the layers and other features this year, which I know will make things much easier down the road.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
slug said:
What about the Renard 64XC controller? I've got it in the mix too. I'm using 45 channels for incans, and I want to run some DC SSRs to control some 5050 strips. Is that what the RGB effect is for? I can test the controller/SSR in LSP and get colors, but I wasn't sure if I will be able to get other colors.

I'm not getting frustrated, life is too short for that. I'm having fun learning it, and your videos are very helpful. I've used Vixen for the past 3 years, so a change is good. I doubt if I'll get to use the layers and other features this year, which I know will make things much easier down the road.

The RGB effect can be used for anythying you have that is not an actual RGB lighting controller. For example.

You can have a DC controller that is just hooked up to RGB lights, then its easier to sequence this with the channels together as an RGB channel.
But if you have that same DC controller mixed with single strings and RGB lighting or if you had 3 strings one red, one green and one blue then you could use the RGB tool as you would have this controller setup as a normal controller in LSP.