RGB Smart Strip lights

twinblack

New elf
Hi guys, currently I am not doing a music/LED display as I am far too late in the year to start. Last year I started to purchase LED strips instead of rope lights. Next year I want to do music and lights so please keep that in mind.

What I would like to do is line my room line this year with RGB strip LED lights but I want to use the ones that can be fully controlled by controllers so I am not wasting money. I want to plug them into normal power supplies and I have independent controllers form last years lights I can use.

Can someone link me to some ebay ones please?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have some 2811 pixel strips on my site. It's not too late to go to a fully computer controlled display if you want to. Something simple can quite literally be done in hours.
Alternately some pixel strip and either the 2811 testers like on my site or there are some remote control ones available as well.

Martin Mueller

Light Addicted and proud of it.
Generous elf
You probably wont get them in time from ebay. That window closed about three weeks ago.

If you are going to use strips I suggest you get the WS2811 (not WS2812 / 13) 3:1 12v pixels in a silicon sleeve (IP67). The ones that are covered in epoxy do not hold up well in cold (separates from the PCB) and are harder to repair (yes you will need to repair them). Personally I would use WS2811 Bullet nodes stuck into a Boscoyo strip and hung from a PVC Pipe. You could also mount the bullet nodes directly through the PVC or into a J channel. The bullet nodes are much easier to repair (replace individual bullets) as opposed to cutting out and splicing in new sections on the strips.

FYI: I do use the WS2811 strips in my show. But only for low to the ground props. I have removed almost all of my WS2812 strips and replaced them with bullet nodes.