RGB Strips as wash lights?

marsh28

Apprentice elf
Does anyone know if any of the RGB strips Ray sells have a narower beam angle so they might be used as wash lights? I note that the regular 5050 strips are 120 degrees. Thanks

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
For the last 2 years, I have used the 5050 120 degree dumb strips as wash lights under my eaves facing towards the house. I chose the 60 LED/m strip and have been very happy with the result.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Unfortunatly this is the design of the 5050 LED, so without some sort of lense you will get 120 to 140 degree of light angle.

marsh28

Apprentice elf
Thanks for comments. Has anyone ever tried putting the strips in some type of enclosure to narrow the area the cover?

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
I haven't, but I imagine aluminum u channel would work.
35235108.jpg

Imacericg

New elf
I also used 60/M strips from Ray for my washing, except I doubled them up. I think it turned out great:
a9u4anyh.jpg

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Imacericg said:
I also used 60/M strips from Ray for my washing, except I doubled them up. I think it turned out great:
a9u4anyh.jpg

I used the same method for my garage doors, I used the 72 LED/M strip and it seemed to have worked well

ThaiWay

1500 C9's are not green
Imacericg said:
That IS choice! You should share some video if you have.

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
marsh28 said:
Thanks for comments. Has anyone ever tried putting the strips in some type of enclosure to narrow the area the cover?
I put mine in a sawed in half piece of white PVC( actually more, 5/8 remained) to try and reflect more down. Seemed to work. Was a pain, used a dremel/grinder to cut.

Imacericg

New elf
ThaiWay said:
Imacericg said:
That IS choice! You should share some video if you have.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QEE2qRPXIg

You can see the power of the strips within the first 45sec.

Boof63

Senior elf
great show, the 60 leds/m wall washers, are they dumb or intelligent strip?, The effect is really excellent and one of the options i am looking at for 2013.
thanks for advice and help
cheers Boof63 8) 8)

Imacericg

New elf
They are dumb. If I had to do it over, I would have made it smart, but this was before the P12R and 2811.