RGB Tree

Plan-B

New elf
Hi all,

I'd like to light a 25'x12' evergreen tree with 3-channel rgb led strings and being very new to this I have a few questions.

How many lights would a tree this size require? I would like to fill the inside of the tree with lights somewhat and not just have them stretched around the outside.

What 3-channel rgb led strings would you recommend? I've found many like the ones in the following link, but I'm thinking the wiring length and color wouldn't work on an outdoor tree. Can you buy something like these, but with larger spacing between pixels and dark colored wiring?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/IP68-DC12V-input-12mm-led-string-light-RGB-color-100pcs-a-string/701799_592872980.html

I was hoping on using a cheap 12v ebay controller I have on hand. It's kinda like the one pictured in the link above. I'm thinking I will have to add power somewhere down the string due to it's length, but I'm unsure of the details to properly do so.

Anyway, just want to thank you for any and all help with my little Christmas tree project.

Cheers,
Chris

Blickensderfer

Ohio, USA
Chris,
Chat with Ray when he's online. He can have a supplier make any spacing you want. The pricing will be a little different depending on your needs. I had him make up 450 pixels with 10" spacing. So just chat with him.
Dan

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Yes Ray can get strings made up to your specs, so you can specify the spacing and as well you should be able to specify the colour wiring.

As far as how many lights you would you need, then thats a hard one to answer as it depends on the amount of light density you want so only you can really answer this, but the LEDs used in the RGB lighting are far brighter than traditional Christmas lighting so you wouldnt need as many as traditional lighting.

Now if you are just using a single 3 channel controller to run it all then you will need to inject power between the strings, make sure the load of the strings is less then the rated load of the controller. If you are going to exceed the load rating of the controller then you will need to use some RGB amplifiers

earnest

New elf
hi chris,

Im led light supplier from China, the line lenght is 10cm,if you wanna longer line,you can order,we provide OEM service.

best regards