3.x Roof Stars

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I have just started playing with some stars that I had cut for my roof, they have WS2811 pixels and there will be 9 stars spread across the roof.
Does anyone have an easy option for setting these up in my display, would you run them as a single element or each of the 10 pixels individually?
I'm using Vixen 3.3
Kev

Attachments

• 20160829_225907_resized.jpg
    20160829_225907_resized.jpg
    727.6 KB · Views: 34

scamper

Dedicated elf
I would run it as a single element with 10 pixels in it.
That way you get the most out of sequencing.
So I would have a folder "roof stars", then the 9 "stars" within that folder and each star would have 10 pixels within that.

Attachments

• star.JPG
    star.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 20

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Cheers Scamper,

I tried this exact thing last night (early this morning actually). I have shot a short video of it which is a bit average but you get the idea.

I tried out my candy canes the other day and ended up with the equivalent of a welders flash, these pixels sure are bright at close range, should knock the brightness down for testing I suppose.

I am loving Vixen 3, I know everyone has their favourite and there are plenty of wonderful free programs to choose from but Vixen does it for me!!

Star video

Kev

scamper

Dedicated elf
Nice work there. Also remember, when you set up your preview, to make sure you wire up the stars in the same order, as with the improvements in the latest Vixen, the whole model wipes etc are wicked.
I did a few of these last year and thought it was pretty cool, but this year it is on a whole new planet.