Salvaging LSP from Dead Computer

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Nearly 2 years ago I had the motherboard die on my computer - hard drive alright. It was right before Christmas and was able to enlist the help of someone to get Vixen off for me because that's what my show was on.
Fast forward to now and I'm finally getting around to getting all my data off this hard drive, pics, vids, music, documents, etc. And I notice I have a copy of Lightshow Pro. This is a copy I won at the Melbourne Mini 2 years ago. Just wondering if anyone here knows how I can salvage this copy? Can I find the licence code? (I did try my outlook pst file, and for some reason my emails have not survived to get the email I received with the licence code)
I realise it would be an old licence for an old verson of the software, so I'm willing to upgrade but I just need this little bit of info. Anyone have any tips?

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Just go to the LSP website and PM Admin (David is his name) and tell him your username, email address which you used to get the code, town & Country, when you won it and I'm sure he will be able to help you get your code back

barbotte

Apprentice elf
yep contact lsp ..i did it last year and he was able to get me back my code ( hard drive crash ) ... but now with a 2 year old licence i am not sure what you can do with it ...
cheer

anon

Apprentice elf
I think those things only work once they have the knowledge of the key location (usually in the registry) and how it's encoded.

I recently had to use magical jellybean to find some keys, it had with it a list of s/w and key locations to know where to look so there is some required knowledge of the keys it's looking for. I don't think LSP's few hundred copies would get a look in :(

mschell

Full time elf
The license code is probably for v2.0, which is the current version. v2.5 is currently in beta, and the v2 license will at least get you a decent discount on a new 2.5 license. I know that David at LSP hasn't yet announced the upgrade price.

So I would definitely get LSP to get the original license.