Saw this item for making a Pixel Matrix

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by joeengler, Dec 21, 2012.

1. joeengler

joeengler Apprentice Elf

I was searching the internet looking for items to help build a matrix faster and easier. I saw this commercial store fixture peg board. This is a Item# 771660 which is a 16 x 60, I was thinking that 2 or 3 of these might be a good start for a Matrix. I emailed the company and found out that there 59 rows by 16 columns for a total of 944 holes panel.

$32.00 each panel

Item #771660
    Pegboard Wall Panel 16" x 60"high
    Azar's pegboard wall panel mounts to any flat surface. Pegboard panels are injection molded creating a single plastic unit that is strong and flexible. Our pegboard panels are high quality and durable. You can use them to organize the children's room, a hobby room, or even the garage. Our pegboards are even featured in Do it Yourself magazine (DIY magazine). This panel measures 16" W x 60" H (hardware not included). Visit our pegboard accessories section of our site for creative ideas to display and organize products. 10 color options available. Quantity discount pricing is available. Sold in multiples of 2.

http://www.azardisplays.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2012

2. Slite

Slite Full Time Elf

Nice idea!

About the only problem i see is the 0,25 inch diameter holes, that translates to 6,35 millimeters... There are no LED's I am aware of that fits that.

LED's are either 5mm, or 8mm a.f.a.i.k.

3. lithgowlights

lithgowlights Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Not sure I'd like to expand the holes on that to the 12 to 12.5mm diameter needed for normal pixels, but it might be worth a look if you are in the USA to see