Scheduler Help

burner

Full time elf
Hi All,

I need some help with the LSP Scheduler. I would've expected this last leg of the job to be the easiest, but nothing I have done so far has produced any likeable results thus far. All I want to achieve is the following:

8:45:00 pm, 6 songs in sequential order played once (00:15:45 time all up)
9:00:45 pm, 1 * 5 minute animation sequence continuously looped until 9:15:00pm
9:15:00 pm, same 6 shows in sequential or random order
9:30:45 pm, same 5 minute animation sequence continuosly looped till 12:00:00am

I've tried using the wizard and the results weren't exactly what I wanted to achieve (even for just the first part). I've tried modifying the dates/times in the XML, but that didn't help either. Can anyone suggest anything here, or a better show scheduler?

On a side note, last nights test with the scheduler seemed to re-introduce my flickering (which is all fine when played through the sequencer now). Today I've cleared out the shows in c:\program files\Minleon...\shecduler\shows and haven't tested it again yet.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
burner, one way to do it, it to just add 3 instances of the 5 minute animation sequence to the end of your musical sequences.
Then have the show repeat as you want.

So all up, the show would equal 30minutes 45 seconds.

burner

Full time elf
Thanks Matt, that's a good tip. I've managed to align the shows the way I want them now (after 6 hours of stuffing about). I'm just about to do a test run in 14 minutes, and I'll see how it goes.

burner

Full time elf
Ok, looks like I'm back in business. The show mostly did what I wanted it to. I had a crash on the 2nd music show, on the 2nd song. Lsp scheduler said that Zone 5 was not configured ( nothing is on zone 5, and the problem didn't occur on the 1st music sequence. I had to reconfigure zone 5 and it started working again.

As for the issue I need to sort out, it seems that the scheduler rounds everything to the minute, so I had the show running from 8:45 to 9:01 and set it to play once. Because the show finished a little earlier, it started to repeat the first song till the end (it started just before 9:01). After that it moved onto the 2nd schedule. Same thing happened from the 2nd schedule to the 3rd.

Tomorrow I might just recreate the first 3 items above in 1 schedule, and then leave the no music bit to start after that.

I'm not sure if the 'bugs' were supposed to be out with the latest release, but I've never seen my pc crash till now, and so many times over. At 1 stage, my i5 CPU was recording 100% usage and 2gb of ram, because I tried to stop the running schedule, at this point my screen started to go off and back on after a few minutes. Not even task manager would help, so a hard reset was necessary. Hardly what I'd expect for paid software.....

burner

Full time elf
Just updating this thread, I'm getting closer to a useable show. I put the first 6 songs, then the no music animation sequence 3 times then the 6 songs again in a different order then show 1.

The first time I tried, multi-selected 5 items at a time, then at the end sorted it out, but when it went into the show, it put everything in differently and wouldn't allow me to move them around (fault 1).

The 2nd time I tried, I got it all in the right order (wasted another hour doing this 1 song at a time - fault 2). I then changed the time on my machine and let it start the show. It played the first 6 songs fine, then the highlight stopped at the 6th song, it played the animation sequence 2 times, and then skipped the 3rd and continued onto the next 6 songs (fault 3). It's now filling the missing 5 minutes with the first 2 songs (even though it's set to loop 1 time) (fault 4). As I'm typing this it went to the next show of just the animation sequence set to loop till midnight.

I'm guessing tomorrows job will be to create an empty 5 minute audio file in audacity and change my animation sequence to a music sequence and start the whole schedule process again.

Lastly, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my 20 minutes of sequencing had been converted to nearly 20gb of scheduler files. Is this normal?

burner

Full time elf
As you can see in the attached picture, the 2nd lot of music sequences started at 9:10pm, instead of 9:15pm (because it only did 2 of the no music animation sequences.

Attachments

• Scheduler.jpg
    Scheduler.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 9

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It may be worth trying a blank music sequence with a blank 5 minute mp3 instead of using the animation sequence and see if that works better for you.

burner

Full time elf
Yep, making that this very second. Have made the 5 minute mp3 with no music (I can make this available if anyone wants it), and have created the music sequence. I'm just in the process of copying each channel across now. This poor little Aspire1 753 with i3 CPU is struggling, I have to do about 50 channels at a time, but I'm nearly half way there now.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
burner said:
Yep, making that this very second. Have made the 5 minute mp3 with no music (I can make this available if anyone wants it), and have created the music sequence. I'm just in the process of copying each channel across now. This poor little Aspire1 753 with i3 CPU is struggling, I have to do about 50 channels at a time, but I'm nearly half way there now.

Im not understanding why you have to copy the channels over to a new sequence especially if its blank.

Why cant you use another sequences channel layout for the the new sequence, its as simple as selecting this when you go through the new sequence wizard with the load default controllers from tab. It will then drag across all your channels, layers, and drawings.

burner

Full time elf
Yes, it carries across all the controllers, channels and drawings, however I can't find a quick way to copy/paste the sequence data from the asq to msq file, so I'm expanding the controllers and selecting about 50 channels (lines) at a time and copying from 1 file to the other.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ok now i understand, they arent actually blank sequences, just no music animation sequences.

Wow, ive just hit the 3000 post mark

burner

Full time elf
Yep, that's correct. I only want the show to run for 15 minutes, 2 times a night and the rest of the time to loop this no music sequence.

I hit 100 posts yesterday, LOL.

On a positive note, when I ran my first test 45 minute test on Sunday night, I had about 30 cars pull up the front of my place and about 20 groups of people whoe stopped to watch (all at different intervals). It was like watching moths go into the lights. The other day, while I was trouble shooting, I was bouncing in and out of the house, and I was running small parts of the show. One of the times I came out, a couple in a car wound the window down and asked to put the show back on :eek: . I told them I was only testing and to come back on Dec 1st.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I have had that when testing, it is definetly like moths to a light. I had the police stop by last night as well while doing a quick 10 minute test, at least he was only there to see the lights.

burner

Full time elf
Success at last!!!

I spent most iof yesterday trying to copy my animated sequence to my new 5 minute music sequence. The first copy method was to expand all controllers and hightlight about 50 lines at a time then paste into the new file. This worked great until after the end, I noticed that it screwed the macro effects up. Every 3rd or 4th copy resulted in no data being pasted, so I had to exit and start the program again. The 2nd copy I tried copying downwards in small blocks, and that didn't work too well. In the end, I copied the manual sequence stiff, then re-created all the macro effects again, this was a better option long term anyway just in case I want to make chages.

I played through the show last night (without the controllers turned on, so no lights) and the computer/sheduler did what it was supposed to this time. I ran out of time last night to do a proper test, but did get a chance to flick on the controller upstairs to make sure the lights were doing what they were supposed to.