Screwed!

happenstance

New elf
Hi friends. In my valiant attempt to build my first lighting controller enclosure, I've hit a bit of an obstacle. Can you help? I'm following the instructions at https://www.jdeation.com/budbox32022_large, which include a shopping list of fasteners:
1601105643146.png
As you can see, most of them are specified in Unified Thread Standard (UTS) format, which is the format they use in the USA.

I found the M4 power supply screws at Jaycar, and the self-tapping screws were easy to locate at Bunnings. The others... well I've reached the end of my Googling capabilities.

Where do you legends obtain your fasteners? Do you think I have any hope of finding a five-inch #10 bolt? Where on earth can I find electronics-specific things like four-inch spacers?

Dreamin

Full time elf
Threaded rod from bunnings if you want to stuff about with that. I personally just used some wooden dowel, and screwed from the ends. Easier IMO and doesn't conducted electricity either. :)

Shane G

New elf
Generous elf
find your local rc hobby shop and ask for DuoBro 4-40 fastners.
Vic Hearns Hobbies
SA Modelflight
WA Perth RC
Local ToyWorld or Mr Toys
all of the above will have them

Dreamin

Full time elf
FYI Jaycar are good, but $$$ but I use them a lot before they have a store quite local. Saves postage for one or two little things.
I bought this set for my 3d printers a few years ago and it's come out handy for my box builds. I need to order a new one now.
I also use a lot of old PC screws I have a box of them from years of ripping part peoples PCs to fix then or strip them before the dump.

I 3D print a lot of base plates for boards too, makes install and removal pretty easy.

Cranzy

Full time elf
I didn't even use spacers, I screwed the bottom plate on and then used locknuts at a certain height i wanted and put the 2nd plate to that height.