Seed Pixels in Aust ?

stooged

Pixelated
looking at the available pictures of those poppers i created these so if you have a 3d printer you can make your own.

there are a couple of different types for holding the cable tighter and shorter ones to save on time and filament.

image.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

JacksonHo

New elf
Looks good but I don't have a 3D printer. I assume getting them from Ali is still cheaper then getting someone to print them here?

coops

New elf
I went with the GFLAI seeds, and it was like $90 per roll, so like 2000 pixels at 5V5CM, add shipping.

First roll was really good, seem reliable and came out great:

PXL_20231122_085230725.jpg

Second roll however seems like every 20-30th seed is dodgy and not making good contact on the wire 😩 Wiggling and some gluing is a temporary fix 🤣

PXL_20231125_111952055.jpg

So great price but may need to be prepared to repair/fix some of it.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
(If it’s every 20-30 seeds - I’d suggest contacting gflai.) They shipped me some great 5V seeds I’ve had no issues with. And some 12V ones that were visibly faulty. But they replaced the faulty ones - and the replacements have been good.

MrCamo

New elf
I went with the GFLAI seeds, and it was like $90 per roll, so like 2000 pixels at 5V5CM, add shipping.

First roll was really good, seem reliable and came out great:

View attachment 24564

Second roll however seems like every 20-30th seed is dodgy and not making good contact on the wire 😩 Wiggling and some gluing is a temporary fix 🤣

View attachment 24565

So great price but may need to be prepared to repair/fix some of it.
Your sleigh looks great! What did you use as the prop base to attach the seeds to?

Battle83

New elf
i have been getting 12v 5cm seed pixels from the ray wu store on aliexpress.
they usually arrive in about 9 days to wa.

so far they have been good, the wires are a bit thin but overall i am happy.
these are 2 of the props i have made, now i am working on hdpe arches and some other things which will all use the seed pixels.

View attachment 23859View attachment 23861
Whats the exploding star thingy?

BigRedNole

New elf
From a price perspective, these look good for some props and beats using bullets or strips. It looks like people have made arches and mini trees with them. I think I am going to add props next year with these. Trying to get some inspiration now to plan for 2024.