1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Seems like a deal

Discussion in 'Lights - Store Bought and Home Made' started by Rick Osgood, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Rick Osgood

Rick Osgood New Elf

2. djgra79

djgra79 My name is Graham & I love flashing lights! Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Hi Rick. A few of us have bought these. They do have a very thin wire connecting them and at 3in spacing isn’t suitable for all applications, but for smaller elements like converting old incan motifs or wrapping wreaths etc they are good. I wouldn’t make a Megatree out of them due to voltage drop and more power injection needed.

3. Ellis

Ellis Naughty Elf Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Yes I was testing them yesterday, any longer than the string of 50 and you will need to inject.

The last few on the string of 50 also appear to show some power loss at 100% but not that noticeable.

4. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Agreed the spacing can be limiting, but they are better than the equivalent from other manufacturers because of the way they are glued.
    I have them in my megatree at 75 pixels with power only supplied at the bottom of each string. The brightness is set at 50% on the falcon and I don't notice any problems at all.
    I do make it a point never to sequence with full white for longer than a second or 2 at any one time though.