Sequence priority xschedule

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Evening all,

I must be missing something obvious. I've read a few forum posts already indicating that a higher priority overrides a lower ones when there are two scheduled sequences to play (one ambient between shows and the show one). However even though the first time I seemed to get it right, every time I launch xschedule it seems like the actual light show never plays.

The ambient one is a Small 30s looping with a schedule at priority 5 and the main show has a priority 10 every 30 mins. It's not set to gracefully interrupt - I just want it to interrupt. Any thoughts?

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Fire every 30 minutes is just broken.
Ah well there you go! I'm guessing whatever you patched to fix it hasn't made it to release yet?

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Alternatively I guess I could make an individual schedule for each timeslot..

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Generous elf
I really need to make a better patch and push it hard for .24. I think I did reintroduce the original problem. But this is gonna really hurt xSchedule users that do anything interesting at all.
I could also put up an xSchedule exe I suppose. Then you could say if it fixes your problem.

DarkwinX

Full time elf
I'd be happy to test it if you released it, but otherwise I'll just test my workaround tonight and use that.

DarkwinX

Full time elf
@merryoncherry only one issue I've noticed - the first sequence doesn't play but the repeats do.

For example I set my sequence to play from 20:05 every half hour. The 20:05 one doesn't play but the 20:35 onwards does.

My workaround is just to start the show half an hour earlier so the 20:05 one is triggered.

DarkwinX

Full time elf
I'm starting the application around 19:15 (trying to auto start it when the PC boots up).

The background show starts around 19:30 I think (will check in a few hours) and then the show is scheduled for 20:05 start but doesn't.

Now it's scheduled for a 19:35 start and it doesn't play then but plays at 20:05. I'll check again this evening and make sure I'm not imagining something but I'm fairly sure that's the case.

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Hey merry, some more information for you I think the last intended show gets cut off as well - in my case the 9:35 - gonna try move my end time up to 10:30 to see if it will play.

So I guess its starting a timer late and finishing one early?

Again no urgency, just adding to the info. Should I post this on their GitHub?