Sequencing Challange

tbateson

New elf
I am outlining my house with smart pixel strips.
All I need is just the first few bars of any popular Christmas song (one I might have) to fit these RGBs. I have Xlights/Nutcracker, Superstar, and a massive LOR license. I have the controllers, the pixels strips, the software, and many years of traditional LOR programming.. Now I need a bit of help. PLEASE just enough so I can figure out how to program these on my own.
I have my house outline, number of pixels, universes and anything else needed for someone that can get me headed in the right direction... soon.

livetoride

Full time elf
This is one thing I struggled with i just watched a heap of videos online to the song I liked and tried to recreate what I thought would suit! Sequences are things people put alot of work into and don't really like to share as it'd there own creativity.

Some people can spend well in excess of 10 hours on a song so understand I'f you don't get much of a response!

Even though this is light Show pro this video (Towards the end of the clip) might help with some ideas

https://youtu.be/4g__AV1atd0

One tip I found out myself was to listen to the song a few times for key words, beats like chimes or for example when I use track walking in a winter wonder land I use that phrase through out the song with a sparkle effect.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
If you have many years of traditional LOR programming then adding rgb is much the same. It does look difficult with the all the extra channels. That just means you can now chose the colour. The pixels are now treated as individual as lights so you can run chases etc. With superstar you can import your visualization and create multi prop chases/ fades etc. Nutcraker I find very useful in creating effects. Spend the time in creating your props for your visualizations. This will make sequencing easier. With those 2 programmes you have plenty of tools at hand. I could send you a sequence but it wouldn't work on your display, each sequence is custom made to individual layouts.