For sequencing with new items

• leave them as is and start new sequences

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Have just completed my first year, and now starting on the second year (this question will also be the same for third and fourth and fifth years etc). I am adding new items to the display and wondering what is the best way to tackle it for sequencing?

Do I:
go through all my last year sequences and add the new items to the sequence?
leave them as is and start new sequences?
all of the above?
a mixture of the above?

I am going to go with a mixture of the above - spend a little bit of time on my previous years sequences, but fully utilise them in the new sequences.
I appreciate this is going to be on an individual preference basis, but just wondering what is everyone's thought process.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Some of my sequences I've used for a few years in a row. Changing layout as well as channel configs & model names has meant some of my original sequences look terrible or just don't work on newer items, so I basically started again, but tried to copy/paste as much from original as possible.
That said, I'm looking to do 90% all new for 2018

Kitman

Full time elf
Being that last year was my second year doing the controlled lights I sequenced new songs for this year I haven't repeated any song across the 2 years, first year I had 5 songs that I looped through the night and this last year I only had 4 songs but all 4 songs were quite long and I looped them through the night along with a 1 minute Missions impossible intro to signify the start of the show.

This year I plan on adding more new elements and I may start to recycle songs and I think I will review the songs in full and perhaps change some or all parts of my sequence based on the feedback I received and my personal feelings for the songs, but time will tell hahaha.