1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Sequencing with new items

Discussion in 'The Family Room' started by NTKing(Brad), Jan 19, 2018.

?

For sequencing with new items

1. go through all my last year sequences and add the new items to the sequence

30.0%
  2. leave them as is and start new sequences

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. all of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. mixture of above

60.0%
  5. other

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NTKing(Brad)

NTKing(Brad) Full Time Elf

Find Me On:
    Have just completed my first year, and now starting on the second year (this question will also be the same for third and fourth and fifth years etc). I am adding new items to the display and wondering what is the best way to tackle it for sequencing?

Do I:
    go through all my last year sequences and add the new items to the sequence?
    leave them as is and start new sequences?
    all of the above?
    a mixture of the above?

I am going to go with a mixture of the above - spend a little bit of time on my previous years sequences, but fully utilise them in the new sequences.
    I appreciate this is going to be on an individual preference basis, but just wondering what is everyone's thought process.

2. djgra79

djgra79 My name is Graham & I love flashing lights! Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Some of my sequences I've used for a few years in a row. Changing layout as well as channel configs & model names has meant some of my original sequences look terrible or just don't work on newer items, so I basically started again, but tried to copy/paste as much from original as possible.
    That said, I'm looking to do 90% all new for 2018

OzAz likes this.
  3. Kitman

Kitman Full Time Elf

Being that last year was my second year doing the controlled lights I sequenced new songs for this year I haven't repeated any song across the 2 years, first year I had 5 songs that I looped through the night and this last year I only had 4 songs but all 4 songs were quite long and I looped them through the night along with a 1 minute Missions impossible intro to signify the start of the show.

This year I plan on adding more new elements and I may start to recycle songs and I think I will review the songs in full and perhaps change some or all parts of my sequence based on the feedback I received and my personal feelings for the songs, but time will tell hahaha.