Set up everything, tested fine. Relocated and now it's not working?

Macboy

New elf
Hello all. I've got an oddball on my hands here. I had FPP running on a Pi 3B+ (the latest release downloaded two weeks ago), plugged into a wifi router via ethernet cable (not connected to the internet) running seven Renard ESP Pixel sticks. It was all running fine at my place. I moved it to it's new home, plugged everything in and now nothing is running.

I can connect to each pixel stick, through the wifi connection and enable their test modes (they light up). I can connect to the Pi through the wifi connection and load and start and stop and reset etc. I can ALSO ping each ESP through FPP successfully.

FPP does run - as verified by a test playlist I set up using ONLY the audio.

The Pi and Wifi router are housed in a holiday trailer and the furthest ESP is not more than 50 yards from the router, the closest is about 20 feet away. There are a few trees but I'm almost line of sight to each controller.

In this park there are hundreds of thousands of LEDs lit up - could it be interference? I would think not - especially since my connection to the ESPs seems strong. Just had to throw that out there.

Can anyone offer me things I should look to to troubleshoot this? Again, it was running fine in my basement where there are about nine different wifi networks all competing for attention. I literally just unplugged things and then plugged it all back in.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Have you tried bringing an ESP Pixel Stick inside the trailer and seeing if you get connection? The trailer could be reducing the strength of the wifi signal.

TerryK

Retired Elf
Beyond the verification of hardware connections, what about IP addresses? Are they dynamic or static and are they on the same subnet?