Answered Setting up Leaping Arches Issue

HertzSwift

Apprentice elf
Hello everyone,

I've just finished assembling 5 leaping arches, I've tested each one individually and all 5 connected together with a pixel tester and they all work as designed.

Each leaping arch is made out of 114 strip WS2811 LEDs

I've set up 5 arches in xlights but I'm experiencing a problem, when I just turn ON Arch 1 in xlights, arches 1, 2 and 3 all turn on (as well as 3 LEDs from arch 4), and when I turn on arch 2 in xlights, arches 4 and 5 turn on. Below are some screenshots of my controller and xlights setup.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong here?

problem 2.jpg

problem 1.jpg

20211021_215910.jpg

Dr.Venture

New elf
I *THINK* your lights per nodes are wrong. you have 114 nodes, with 3 lights per node (at least that is how it is in my setup)

Snowy

Phil
As above strip is 3leds per node which means you have 342 lights per arch if you have 114 in each strip. Correct me if I’m wrong.😀 Or is each strip 38 nodes in the string which is 114 Per arch?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Sorry guys, nodes is correct. Look at the channel values. 5701-5359= 342x channels then divide by 3 leds and we get 114x nodes.
Brett, have you tried restarting the Falcon? Mine sometimes doesn't save all the changes and I get weird stuff like this. So I restart and check the settings again.
Also I just had another thought, are these strips 3x nodes per WS2811 chip? Do 3x LEDs light up together as a group? In which case the guys above were correct and you've only got 38x pixels/nodes per arch

HertzSwift

Apprentice elf
Everyone was correct, it was a node entry error, annoyingly I KNOW I tried changing the node setting to 38 last night, becasue I was thinking what are the chances that 3 arches turn on at the same time when only one is promoted, 114/3=38., but in my exhausted state after a day of work I mustn't of saved, because noowww, they work exactly how they are supposed to.

So I learnt something new, nodes are not determined on the number of LEDS, but the number of ICs, which their is 1 per 3 LEDS on my strip, making 38 nodes, cheers for your help fellas!