Setting Up SanDevices in LOR

jem5136

New elf
Hello everyone,
[/size]
[/size]I'm wanting to add 4 SanDevice E682 controllers to my display but I'm not sure how to go about setting them up in LOR. I haven't yet purchased the controllers but I want to start sequencing. Is there a tutorial video or another thread I couldn't find explaining how to set everything up? What I've done on my own is set up my regular controllers on the "Regular" network and then for each SanDevice I put in their own network (Aux A, Aux B, Aux C, Aux D), and for each different different string I set it's own controller ID. Is this how it should be done or am I doing it all wrong?
[/size]
[/size]I'll also need help when it comes to physically connect the devices to my show computer. I know they're plugged into a wireless router but I'm wondering if I can use the spare router I have so I won't have to interfere with our internet router. Does the router have to be connected to an internet source in order to work like it should?

1983ss454

New elf
Have you read the 101 manual on this site? It will go a long way to help you understand. The setting up of the Aux networks is not how you setup the sandevices. 1st do you have LOR advanced software? If not you must have that first. Then you setup the sandevices Through the network settings under E1.31

jem5136

New elf
1983ss454 said:
Have you read the 101 manual on this site? It will go a long way to help you understand. The setting up of the Aux networks is not how you setup the sandevices. 1st do you have LOR advanced software? If not you must have that first. Then you setup the sandevices Through the network settings under E1.31

That helped out a lot. I figured out that the channels need to be set up under DMX universes instead of the LOR protocol (I thought I would be able to set up the LOR protocol as a E1.31 for some reason). Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to purchase a g switch instead of trying to use my wifi router because some other members on other forums told me that it could cause problems trying to use a wifi router (better safe than sorry). And I am also considering switching software, LOR keeps getting slower and slower each channel I add and I'm not sure I want to wait 5+ minutes each time I save a sequence (I save sequences very often when I'm sequencing). Anyone have recommendations to which software I should look into? I've looked at LSP, even purchased a license once but I really don't like it, it is just like LOR, it doesn't run very well on my computer and I have a high end computer that I use for sequencing. Also does anyone have a recommendation on to which switch board i should look into? I need at least 5 ports, but was thinking about getting a 8 port so I have room for expansion in future years.

1983ss454

New elf
jem5136 said:
1983ss454 said:

That helped out a lot. I figured out that the channels need to be set up under DMX universes instead of the LOR protocol (I thought I would be able to set up the LOR protocol as a E1.31 for some reason). Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to purchase a g switch instead of trying to use my wifi router because some other members on other forums told me that it could cause problems trying to use a wifi router (better safe than sorry). And I am also considering switching software, LOR keeps getting slower and slower each channel I add and I'm not sure I want to wait 5+ minutes each time I save a sequence (I save sequences very often when I'm sequencing). Anyone have recommendations to which software I should look into? I've looked at LSP, even purchased a license once but I really don't like it, it is just like LOR, it doesn't run very well on my computer and I have a high end computer that I use for sequencing. Also does anyone have a recommendation on to which switch board i should look into? I need at least 5 ports, but was thinking about getting a 8 port so I have room for expansion in future years.

Yes S3 runs pretty slow with the 4,000 channels I'm working in right now myself. It will only be about a month before S4 is released as a regular software and not a beta. Some people are having good luck with he software so far, I haven't used it myself, been trying to get my halloween sequencing all completed first

jem5136

New elf
I've used the S4 beta but only for a short period because I cannot really use any of the new features like the Pixel Editor because my license doesn't cover S4 and I haven't upgraded yet so I'm back down the 3.9 with the same problems I've been having. I think I'll use LOR and xLights in together. I have a MacBook and it sucks when I have my laptop with me but cannot sequence because LOR is Windows only but with xLights I can use it on both my windows computer as well as my laptop. xLight handles will on Mac, from the little bit I've played with so I'll have to see how it works out.