Share your storage and workspace ideas

grahami2006

Full time elf
lithgowlights said:
Pixel display with minitrees hanging in the background
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6eg1prcur1rbr4/DSC_2313s.jpg

Minitrees, fireworks, the pixicles and floodlights
https://www.dropbox.com/s/80nimfkt4i5xkmi/DSC_2314s.jpg

New Minitrees, with storage of the sleigh and few odds & ends in the background.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dy9xzcf1f5aovl6/DSC_2315s.jpg

Candy Canes & a few odds & ends
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wtp1gyhjg1iqcn/DSC_2316s.jpg

Controllers all in KFC boxes with labels on the front
https://www.dropbox.com/s/547f8pm68hi5wty/DSC_2317s.jpg
and now no room for the car!!!

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
There are some awesome ideas out there - really like the idea of using the ceiling for suspended storage . . . . would have to be 100% trusting of our workmanship. :D
The workshop space I have to work with is about 2.5m by 5.8m which is not huge, but much better than before. Hoping for a workbench and some cupboard space. Really looking forward to being able to set up a permanant testing space too so I can go through everything I have and weed out old broken stuff. It was a "teenager's retreat" so it's fully lined, has heaps for powerpoints and TV antena outlets. So I can really make this a nice cozy "Santa's retreat" to while away the hours.
Thanks for the ideas and sharing what you have, keep it coming.

Attachments

• 20130331_123605 small.jpg
    20130331_123605 small.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 92
  • 20130331_123644 small.jpg
    20130331_123644 small.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 71

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
OMG toodle you do need some organisation. My storage is the back third of a 60x30 ft shed and it looks somewhat like that 1st photo but with shelving in 1 corner that goes to about 11 ft high.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
AAH said:
OMG toodle you do need some organisation.
Hehehe sure do, that's the probelm with moving. There's a tendancy just to plonk things in their designated area and say "I'll deal with that later". :D
Had a look at Bunnings this arvo and got some ideas. Plus we have some left over kitchen bench from our other house reno, so that will do nicely. I think we'll go one long wall workshop space, the other long wall floor to ceiling storage. I wish our Masters would hurry up and open . . . . .

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Step one complete, a new large shelf built. Mind you filled it rather quickly with the remainder of my tools and bric-a-brac from the old house.
Contemplating what colour to paint the walls. The gawd awful yellow it is now is a no go. I wonder if I could get away with green . . . :D

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hooray, more progress. Bought some more shelving 2 weeks ago. But today we put together some cabinets. I renovated the kitchen in the old house and we had 160cm worth of bench left over, which was too much to throw out. So I bought 2 more flatpac cupboards to fit under it and created a nice little workspace. Cabinets assemble!
Now I can really get to work sorting through everything. 8)

Attachments

• 20130512_181720.jpg
    20130512_181720.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 52

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Steve's shelving was sturdy looking hey! I think it would have been obvious if I had have tried to drag it out of the shed . . . . .
I wish there were more long weekends left in the year. :) I had such a wonderful time going through sorting and testing lights - very therapeutic chucking busted lights and stuff I thought I would use or fix but just admitted I'd never get around to it. However have learnt that I have waaaaaaaay more lights than I thought I did! Still heaps more work to do though in cleaning up. With the new Masters open now I was going to toddle in and see what they might have to help with storage. I think I'm going to have to look at ways of hanging stuff on the walls/ceiling.
In September I will have some time to devote to the lights although I will be the size of a house due to being about 8 months pregnant. Hopefully be just programming at that stage. :)

mborg10

Michael Borg
I know this is a year old but I'm slow out the box. I just purchased 4x 2m high 1.5 long x 0.5 deep shelves. I have built one so far,
6abu9ype.jpg

natyje5y.jpg

Once I get everything off the floor I can then build my 3.6m long work bench. I'm hoping to pick up cheap a second hand 2 seater leather lounge and turn it from storage into a man cave.

mborg10

Michael Borg
With my 4 storage shelves built I've now started on my workbenches. First one finished today (except top)
Second the bottom shelf will only go halfway so you can get a chair under.
7yryjy4e.jpg